The Student Room Group

university, gcse

heeeey, basically i got my BTEC grades that i needed for my uni but i still have a week left until my maths gcse results come. what should i do about it
Original post by awawshay
heeeey, basically i got my BTEC grades that i needed for my uni but i still have a week left until my maths gcse results come. what should i do about it

Congratulations! You'll need to wait until your GCSE results come through, then forward them onto the uni. One the uni confirms these, they will be able to update Track.

If your uni put down a Maths GCSE grade as an entry requirement on your offer they will wait to see that to make your offer unconditional, I'd expect.

If your offer is conditional on you achieving a certain gcse grade, then you’ll have to wait until then for your place to be confirmed. Congratulations on getting the BTEC grades you needed though! :h:
Original post by Charlotte's Web
Congratulations! You'll need to wait until your GCSE results come through, then forward them onto the uni. One the uni confirms these, they will be able to update Track.

do i still need to call them up saying that i am waiting for my gcse results?
do i still need to call them up saying that i am waiting for my gcse results?

If the GCSE results are part of your conditions then the uni will know you're waiting for them so you don't need to do anything.
Original post by emiloujess
If your uni put down a Maths GCSE grade as an entry requirement on your offer they will wait to see that to make your offer unconditional, I'd expect.

i put it down as pending but i got a conditional offer from the uni that i want to go to
Original post by thegalaxy
If your offer is conditional on you achieving a certain gcse grade, then you’ll have to wait until then for your place to be confirmed. Congratulations on getting the BTEC grades you needed though! :h:

yeah it has been a conditional offer
i put it down as pending but i got a conditional offer from the uni that i want to go to

Did your offer state a Maths GCSE grade requirement?
yeah it has been a conditional offer

If it’s still conditional then the uni will know that you’re waiting for gcse results - they won’t be able to confirm your place until GCSE results day next week.
Did your offer state a Maths GCSE grade requirement?

what would that mean
If it’s still conditional then the uni will know that you’re waiting for gcse results - they won’t be able to confirm your place until GCSE results day next week.

some have been saying to go through clearing and let them know that i am still waiting on it
what would that mean

When you received your offer, it would have said you had to get a minimum of (xyz) in your BTEC. Did it say anything about a Maths grade?
it said that i need to get a DDD for my btec and a 4 or better for maths
it said that i need to get a DDD for my btec and a 4 or better for maths

Ok, this means that they won't confirm your place until you've gotten the Maths result (I assume you retook it because you did not originally have a 4+)? They will know you are still waiting on results :smile:
some have been saying to go through clearing and let them know that i am still waiting on it

What do they mean by go through clearing? Call the university? Definitely don’t go through clearing properly as that will mean you’ll lose your conditional place. After results day for your gcse next week, if you get a 4 in your maths ring them and they’ll be able to confirm your place then.
Ok, this means that they won't confirm your place until you've gotten the Maths result (I assume you retook it because you did not originally have a 4+)? They will know you are still waiting on results :smile:

alright thank you :smile:
What do they mean by go through clearing? Call the university? Definitely don’t go through clearing properly as that will mean you’ll lose your conditional place. After results day for your gcse next week, if you get a 4 in your maths ring them and they’ll be able to confirm your place then.

i should call the university and let them know about it?
You should only go through Clearing if you have changed your mind about your course/uni. You cannot hold your current offer if you go through Clearing. If you get the required GCSE grade, you will get accepted :smile:
Original post by Interrobang
You should only go through Clearing if you have changed your mind about your course/uni. You cannot hold your current offer if you go through Clearing. If you get the required GCSE grade, you will get accepted :smile:

oh alright thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending