The Student Room Group

corona and predicted grades

i have really bad results, I'm stuck. i dont know what to do. i did very good in my mocks but, edexcel gave me the worse predicted grades. if i do my ukcats well, will they take my admission into consideration. please anyone out there i need advice urgently I'm stuck in a huge mess.
Reply 1
Original post by unknownk24
i have really bad results, I'm stuck. i dont know what to do. i did very good in my mocks but, edexcel gave me the worse predicted grades. if i do my ukcats well, will they take my admission into consideration. please anyone out there i need advice urgently I'm stuck in a huge mess.

Hey, very sorry to hear about this. If you don't mind me asking, what were your predicted grades and what did you actually get? You could potentially appeal your results under one of the four grounds - info is here. If you need any further help, just tag me. Hope this helps. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Hey, very sorry to hear about this. If you don't mind me asking, what were your predicted grades and what did you actually get? You could potentially appeal your results under one of the four grounds - info is here. If you need any further help, just tag me. Hope this helps. :smile:

so basically in edexcel as level, unit one i got bio- E, math- D andchem- C. i did study for it but towards the end due to some people staying in our house visiiting on a trip i got distracted and did make the final cut. then, for unit 2 i worked very hard i was all prepared my notes went through every single objective but, i couldnt do the board exam because of the pandemic. and, our school didnt have enough evidence so they took final mock exams with the exact form of an edexcel paper. in the mocks i got chem-98/100 bio- 85/100 math-84/100 and mechanics 100/100 so basically that evidence if sent to edexcel made an a a b if it was marked seperate, correct me if im wrong. and then i repeated unit one and i did very well however when i got my predicted grades they gave me an E in bio E in math and D in chem. and now i have my A levels so i really dont know what to do what to repeat because im doing my ukcat i need to apply for that and its just a whole mess. im very worried about my future. because im opting for med and here in leicester med uni you need atleast A A B in a levels.
so basically in edexcel as level, unit one i got bio- E, math- D andchem- C. i did study for it but towards the end due to some people staying in our house visiiting on a trip i got distracted and did make the final cut. then, for unit 2 i worked very hard i was all prepared my notes went through every single objective but, i couldnt do the board exam because of the pandemic. and, our school didnt have enough evidence so they took final mock exams with the exact form of an edexcel paper. in the mocks i got chem-98/100 bio- 85/100 math-84/100 and mechanics 100/100 so basically that evidence if sent to edexcel made an a a b if it was marked seperate, correct me if im wrong. and then i repeated unit one and i did very well however when i got my predicted grades they gave me an E in bio E in math and D in chem. and now i have my A levels so i really dont know what to do what to repeat because im doing my ukcat i need to apply for that and its just a whole mess. im very worried about my future. because im opting for med and here in leicester med uni you need atleast A A B in a levels.

It's not as straightforward as doing well in your mocks I'm afraid. There are only limited options for appealing grades this year. You could do exams next year and it wouldn't class as retakes (which can be tricky with some med schools)
Reply 4

Thanks for this. I must say that it's definitely not ideal to be in your position and I've been replying to a lot of other students who are in a similar position with this whole grade fiasco.

I would recommend speaking to your school about the possibility of appealing your results (info here) and for guidance about what can be done. With the appeals process, there's very limited information about how this would work but Ofqual will release further information and guidance in due course. Hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Thanks for this. I must say that it's definitely not ideal to be in your position and I've been replying to a lot of other students who are in a similar position with this whole grade fiasco.

I would recommend speaking to your school about the possibility of appealing your results (info here) and for guidance about what can be done. With the appeals process, there's very limited information about how this would work but Ofqual will release further information and guidance in due course. Hope this helps! :smile:

yeah thanks alot but, getting a appeal wont really change the grade.
Reply 6

No worries. As Interrobang said, there's very little you can do I'm afraid. :frown:

if u appeal they can change ur grade? if they have reasonable grounds to obviously ?
Reply 8
Original post by aisharaindrop
if u appeal they can change ur grade? if they have reasonable grounds to obviously ?

you sure??
you sure??

Yes - that's what the appeal process is for
Reply 10
Original post by Interrobang
Yes - that's what the appeal process is for

ok then. thanks alot!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending