The Student Room Group

What are your 10/20 favourite videogames ever?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by noggins
I'm familiar with Okami, it's a very likeable game by clover and holds up really well. In previous top games threads, I've noticed some users include Okami.
My save file requires attention, I left it around a third of the way through. I'll complete it some day! One criticism, i don't like backtracking every now & again.

Ah yup the game probably gives me a more nostalgic vibe if anything but back in the time it was the most fluid and smoothest game I'd played.
Never got used to the backing track so I always turned the music down on it :tongue:
Original post by Quick-use
Tough... In no particular order:

Final Fantasy 10

Final Fantasy 12

Final Fantasy 12: Revenant Wings

Dragon Quest 5: Chapters of the Chosen

Dragon Quest 8

Dragon Quest 9

Kingdom Hearts 2

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

Shin Megami Tensai: Devil Survivor 2

Lost Magic

Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2

Jump Ultimate Stars

Dragon Quest 11 (once I buy it :biggrin:)

Looks like that you are a fan of the Final Fantasy series. Did you play the first ones for the SNES? the only part I played was number 2 on that console.
Original post by Kallisto
Looks like that you are a fan of the Final Fantasy series. Did you play the first ones for the SNES? the only part I played was number 2 on that console.

I definitely like them, yeah. I think I was too young for the SNES... :redface: My first one was FF7 on the PS1 when I was about 5 or 6. I really, really struggled to understand or get into it since I was so much more used to simpler games like WWE games lol. After that, my first proper foray into FF was FF10 when I was about 14. :rambo:

That said, I have to admit that my favourite games are the DQ games. I just find the music, game-play and art style incredibly relaxing. The series doesn't take itself too seriously which makes it just all the more fun.
Original post by noggins
From pong to persona. Yep, all times faves. Go for it, fellow gamers.

ive been playing warzone a lot
Just gonna list the standouts from my memory in gaming.

Final Fantasy 14
Overwatch (before they memed it with updates)
Warhammer 1 & 2 Total War
Medieval 2 Total War
Sonic the Hedgehog 1-3, Sonic Mania I would but wasn't as deep since not childhood
Dragon Quest 9
Halo Reach
Pikmin 1 & 2
Ratchet Gladiator
Space Marine (probably biggest with nostalgia really like I used to love warhammer 40k though looking back now was a rather small game really)

Original post by Quick-use
Tough... In no particular order:

Final Fantasy 10

Final Fantasy 12

Final Fantasy 12: Revenant Wings

Dragon Quest 5: Chapters of the Chosen

Dragon Quest 8

Dragon Quest 9

Kingdom Hearts 2

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

Shin Megami Tensai: Devil Survivor 2

Lost Magic

Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2

Jump Ultimate Stars

Dragon Quest 11 (once I buy it :biggrin:)

Boi where that FF14
Original post by Vikingninja
Boi where that FF14

I've never actually played FF14. Ever since other MMOs, I've tried avoiding them because they were way, way too addictive and unhealthy (for me). :lol: I think that's another reason why I liked FF12 so much; it basically played like an MMO (and appeared it like it) without actually being one!

By the way, I'm really glad you mentioned Ratchet because Ratchet Gladiator was amazing. I also absolutely adored the Sly Cooper games.
Championship / Football Manager (particularly CM 93/94 and FM 2007)

FIFA (particularly 2010 World Cup and FIFA 97 on PC)

Final Fight CD (Mega CD)

Grand Theft Auto (particularly GTA 2, III, IV and San Andreas)

Hitman (particularly Blood Money)

Mass Effect (particularly ME1)

Metal Gear Solid (particular MGS 2 and MGS V)

Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers The Movie (Mega Drive version)

Road Avenger

Shaq Fu

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

Snatcher (Mega CD version)

Sonic (particularly Sonic CD and 3&K)

Spiderman 2 / 3

Star Wars (particularly Battlefront on PS2, Episode 1, Episode 3, Shadows of the Empire, Dark Forces II and Rogue Squadron)

This Is Football 2003

War of the Monsters

WWF/E SmackDown (particularly SmackDown v Raw 2007)

X (particularly X: Beyond The Frontier and X2: The Threat)

Yakuza (particularly Yakuza 5)

I picked the games I played the most.
(edited 3 years ago)
I’ll do whichever I can in no particular order :redface:
ACNH
ACNL
Pokémon: white 2
Rayman legends (absolutely loved it! Music levels were amazing too :^_^:)
Pokémon X
Pokémon Sun
Mario Kart Wii
Pokémon Diamond and Pearl (Yes I do really want Gen 4 remakes :s-smilie:)
Ever Oasis (very underrated)
I’ll keep it to 9. I can’t honestly put games I’ve played (such as let’s go: Eevee!) on the same list as these incredible games, so I’ll stop here :smile:
Reply 28
Hola chicos, la verdad es que no conozco muchos de los juegos que os detalla. Y los anoto para investigarlos. Gracias:wink:
I usually like story driven games like Detroit: become human and The Walking Dead but also games like GTA 5 and The Sims 4. I tend to play a lot of Call of Duty too.
Reply 30
Half-life 1, Half-life 2 and its episodes. (These games may be old, but my are they good).
Watchdogs 2 is fun to mess around in. (GTA 5 too)
GORN and Half-life Alyx are fun VR games.
Battlefield 4 is by far the best multiplayer FPS.
I can't really decide so I'll just toss a few of my favourites out there -
Pokemon Heart Gold
Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
The Witcher 3
MGSV
Resident Evil 3 (PS1 version, not the remake)
Samurai Warriors 4
Shovel Knight
Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations
Professor Layton and the Lost Future

Recently I've played
Hollow Knight (great game, would recommend)
Fire Emblem Three Houses (blue lions best faction)
Worms Armageddon
Dai Gyakuten Saiban
Tear Ring Saga
Could it be that you like simulation games in which you building up cities to grow the numbers of citizen? Is Pharaoh + Cleopatra such a game?
Original post by blackiytoss
Could it be that you like simulation games in which you building up cities to grow the numbers of citizen? Is Pharaoh + Cleopatra such a game?

Is there a reason you copied and pasted @Kallisto's post? Either way, my answer for that question was:

Original post by AngryJellyfish
It is indeed. :yes: I wouldn't say they're my favourite genre these days, but that particular city building series by Impressions Games were a big part of my childhood, and I still enjoy going back to them every now and then. Pharaoh and its expansion Cleopatra are *mostly* only my favourites due to my preference for ancient Egypt, though I would say that the earlier games (Caesar 1-3) are more basic, while the later Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom dumbed things down again; Pharaoh and Zeus fall into the 'just right' middle ground for me.

Quick Reply

Latest