The Student Room Group

Made a GRAVE mistake help.

Is it possible to change courses at QMUL? Got ABC settled for a sociology and politics course, my dream is to do law. Did I make a BIG mistake?
Original post by AdenGermany
Is it possible to change courses at QMUL? Got ABC settled for a sociology and politics course, my dream is to do law. Did I make a BIG mistake?

Hey! Have you managed to give them a call to see if they have any spaces on the law course, and whether your grades meet the requirements? That's what I recommend you do first :smile:

@Queen Mary University of London just in case you can help :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Hey! Have you managed to give them a call to see if they have any spaces on the law course, and whether your grades meet the requirements? That's what I recommend you do first :smile:

@Queen Mary University of London just in case you can help :smile:

They have no spaces for any of the llb law courses.

It may be possible to change courses at QMUL but I know Law is full and there weren't many courses there with vacancies by mid morning. However, you did get into sociology & politics and tbh that is a good alternative course assuming you have an interest in those subjects. You don't need a Law degree to become a solicitor as I expect you know and with the new SQE exams coming in soon there will be less benefit to doing one compared to another subject.
Reply 4
Original post by harrysbar
It may be possible to change courses at QMUL but I know Law is full and there weren't many courses there with vacancies by mid morning. However, you did get into sociology & politics and tbh that is a good alternative course assuming you have an interest in those subjects. You don't need a Law degree to become a solicitor as I expect you know and with the new SQE exams coming in soon there will be less benefit to doing one compared to another subject.

But I would have to do a law conversion course right?
There are no spaces, and they wouldn't accept ABC anyway unfortunately.
But I would have to do a law conversion course right?

The GDL law conversion course is being phased out from 2021 in favour of SQE exams for everyone to take. There will still be preparatory courses to take before the exams but they are likely to be much cheaper than the GDL. Law graduates will be better prepared for these exams but non law graduates will be able to catch up easier than under the current system.

https://www.prospects.ac.uk/jobs-and-work-experience/job-sectors/law-sector/solicitors-qualifying-examination-sqe
Reply 7
Original post by harrysbar
The GDL law conversion course is being phased out from 2021 in favour of SQE exams for everyone to take. There will still be preparatory courses to take before the exams but they are likely to be much cheaper than the GDL. Law graduates will be better prepared for these exams but non law graduates will be able to catch up easier than under the current system.

https://www.prospects.ac.uk/jobs-and-work-experience/job-sectors/law-sector/solicitors-qualifying-examination-sqe

Oh, I didn't know about this. Thank you
Oh, I didn't know about this. Thank you

You're welcome, I suggest you research it a bit than have some relaxation time, I imagine it has been a stressful day. Try and get a good night's sleep and see how you feel in the morning :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending