The Student Room Group

GCSE results day

anyone else freaking out because I sure am. I've been a consistent 7-9 grade student until my mocks where I got 5s in both chemistry and physics. I want to do physics at a level and I'm petrified
i feel bad for people who had tests in 2020, at first i was like they get " free " GCSE / A levels but then i remembered i did **** in mocks and class work in gcses and probably got all 3 , but i worked in the last 3 months and got 8,7,6,5 s but failing A levels now as well so hopefully i can improve in a years time XD

probably does not help you but wish you the best
Original post by Failure In Life
i feel bad for people who had tests in 2020, at first i was like they get " free " GCSE / A levels but then i remembered i did **** in mocks and class work in gcses and probably got all 3 , but i worked in the last 3 months and got 8,7,6,5 s but failing A levels now as well so hopefully i can improve in a years time XD

probably does not help you but wish you the best

thank you aha :smile: - im just having a panic attack rn for no real reason. just terrified I won't get into college because they haven't lowered the entry grades
Yep, I’m definitely a bit worried, I’m pleased with how my first set of mocks went but I had a terrible cold in my second set meaning my results weren’t as good.
I’m sure you’ll do great though, hopefully teachers are understanding (especially if you’ve proven your abilities before). Good luck for next week!
Original post by Daisiess
Yep, I’m definitely a bit worried, I’m pleased with how my first set of mocks went but I had a terrible cold in my second set meaning my results weren’t as good.
I’m sure you’ll do great though, hopefully teachers are understanding (especially if you’ve proven your abilities before). Good luck for next week!

I did well in my mocks apart from 3 subjects. French, physics and chemistry. I recently put in so much extra work to French and was at a 7 before we left physics and chemistry I got 5s in in my mocks but recent tests I got like 6s and 7s... the govern,emt chose a levels on postcodes and not teacher's marks which is terrifying because I sag imma fail and have to start a levels 6 months late
Yeah, I'm kind of worried too. Although my school has given me an unconditional offer to their 6th form, I don't really want to stay there for two more years. Not that I don't like the school - I love the teachers, and they've given me so much support, but I just need to start new, and I want to be in a new environment for sixth form.

With that being said, I'm really worried about my maths grade. Not much for anything else, just maths. I got a 7 in my maths mock this year, yet my teacher put my predicted grade down as a 7, whereas I need an 8 for the school I want to go to. We did do a set of test just before school locked down, and I just about got an 8. I'm not sure if that's enough to sway my teacher. And I'm really worried about the moderation process. My teacher could've predicted me an 8, but the standardisation process pegged me down to a 7 or a 6. I don't know, I'm just really worried.

I did look at my school's sixth form to see how they fared well for A - Levels, and turns out, they weren't that phased. Just over half of the grades given were A* - B, so that should give me some hope. I'm still worried that the opposite could be said for our year group.

Anyway, I'm done ranting, best of luck to results day!
Original post by georgiarose2000
I did well in my mocks apart from 3 subjects. French, physics and chemistry. I recently put in so much extra work to French and was at a 7 before we left physics and chemistry I got 5s in in my mocks but recent tests I got like 6s and 7s... the govern,emt chose a levels on postcodes and not teacher's marks which is terrifying because I sag imma fail and have to start a levels 6 months late

Yes, the system they’ve developed hasn’t been very reassuring which only adds to the stress. Maybe try distracting yourself with preparing for sixth form, going over gcse content etc so you feel more in control of the situation.
Again, good luck, next week will be here before you know it and then you’ll know your results for certain so won’t have to struggle with the nervous anticipation :smile:
Original post by AriTahira
Yeah, I'm kind of worried too. Although my school has given me an unconditional offer to their 6th form, I don't really want to stay there for two more years. Not that I don't like the school - I love the teachers, and they've given me so much support, but I just need to start new, and I want to be in a new environment for sixth form.

With that being said, I'm really worried about my maths grade. Not much for anything else, just maths. I got a 7 in my maths mock this year, yet my teacher put my predicted grade down as a 7, whereas I need an 8 for the school I want to go to. We did do a set of test just before school locked down, and I just about got an 8. I'm not sure if that's enough to sway my teacher. And I'm really worried about the moderation process. My teacher could've predicted me an 8, but the standardisation process pegged me down to a 7 or a 6. I don't know, I'm just really worried.

I did look at my school's sixth form to see how they fared well for A - Levels, and turns out, they weren't that phased. Just over half of the grades given were A* - B, so that should give me some hope. I'm still worried that the opposite could be said for our year group.

Anyway, I'm done ranting, best of luck to results day!

PLEASE RANT AWAY!! IT MAKES ME FEEL NORMAL. you're so lucky you're going to a 6th form though. I'm going to a college with 12,000 new people in the 12 and 13
Original post by georgiarose2000
PLEASE RANT AWAY!! IT MAKES ME FEEL NORMAL. you're so lucky you're going to a 6th form though. I'm going to a college with 12,000 new people in the 12 and 13

12,000 people! That's a lot of new people you're going to meet! Here's me thinking that the sixth form I want to go to has 600 people in total. And I though that was big!

Whatever happens on Thursday, I hope you get the results you need, and I hope you have a great time at your college!

Quick Reply

Latest