The Student Room Group

Freshers group chat

Hey guys,

So today I got accepted into my firm choice of Aston uni. I have been added in a freshers group chat but only like a certain group of girls are speaking in the chat. Whenever I say something no one replies. It’s so embarrassing!

What shall I do, as this is making me nervous for actually starting and making friends
How do you get invited into a freshers chat ?
What's your name if you don't mind me asking? I'm assuming you're not a girl...

Maybe wait a while for it to take off & then get the conversation flowing, ask different questions.
I would like to know how to get into a group chat before university so I can make new friends before I go? I feel anxious meeting new people
Do you know anything about the diversity of Aston University ?
Original post by Anonymous
Do you know anything about the diversity of Aston University ?

My sister goes to Aston and from what I've seen its one of the most diverse uni's I've ever been to.
How do you get invited into a freshers chat ?

Check the university's Facebook page
Hey guys,

So today I got accepted into my firm choice of Aston uni. I have been added in a freshers group chat but only like a certain group of girls are speaking in the chat. Whenever I say something no one replies. It’s so embarrassing!

What shall I do, as this is making me nervous for actually starting and making friends

Hey!

Don't worry too much about being in a chat before you start uni, I was in one and only became friends with a few people that were in the chat!

You will have the chance to meet so many more people once you get to uni and once you start your course so don't worry too much for now :smile:
You can also join some societies to meet people with similar interests to you!

I hope this helps!
Eloise - Official Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending