The Student Room Group

compelling reasons

I had to apply to compelling reasons as my course pretty much went terrible, COVID ruined it and my teachers just left me in the dark even tho i told them i didn't have any equipment to sort the coursework out, they was no help and somehow expected me to do all this work without actually having the materials and all the equipment to even be able to do it, my depression hit really bad and they knew i had depression as well, i was going to see the therapist in the uni but COVID hit and i wasn't able to do that, ontop of all of that i told them i wanted to leave the course due to my mental health and they told me if i did that i pretty much had to pay back all the money really quickly and it set my anxiety off really badly, i also said my depression hits really bad that i cant get out of bed and i made them fully aware of that and when i missed even a day they would make me feel super guilty for not being able to move for that day. my teacher also told me i should take antidepressants for my depression and i just felt pressured and horrible the whole course. during our classes, the teachers would just leave the room for ages to go into another room to drink tea or coffee and chat and i ended up falling behind in a ton of work due to that, due to covid i had to get a full time job to get some extra money as i was supporting 4 people as they was all classed as vulnerable and i was looking after my brother in a wheelchair, i then got a repetitive strain injury on my wrist so i was in a splint for pretty much a month for it to heal on top of all of that i started showing asthma symptoms and went to the doctors about it and they said they couldnt do anything as the atshma tests wasnt running at the moment and gave me a blue inhaler. ive asked for my medical records but im still waiting on them, so I'm wondering if in on a shot, i didnt have any evidence as i wasnt able to get any but ive written a massive essay on basically everything which happened to me? and how long it would take as yesterday i got an email saying my evidence arrived but my course is due to start in 2 weeks and im really worried
You’ll usually need evidence. Did you apply for mitigation from your university? They will often be happy to write to SFE to explain how your circumstances interfered with your study.
my uni never even told me that was a thing and just more or less told me to just be able to do all the work without any help or guidance even when i told them i was struggling they didnt care
Original post by PQ
You’ll usually need evidence. Did you apply for mitigation from your university? They will often be happy to write to SFE to explain how your circumstances interfered with your study.
I think you need to talk to your student union to get some more help dealing with your university.
Original post by PQ
I think you need to talk to your student union to get some more help dealing with your university.

i dont think we had a student union? i legit got told nothing, ive emailed my uni and everything but ive just been ignored for weeks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending