The Student Room Group

a level result joke

In my further maths mock I got an A star. In my result they gave me a
D. how high is my chance of appeal that to at least an A. since there are so many people who are going to appeal. This is actually just a joke now honestly.
Reply 1
Original post by kev23s
D. how high is my chance of appeal that to at least an A. since there are so many people who are going to appeal. This is actually just a joke now honestly.

I can't claim to have a great deal of knowledge re the complexities of the current situation, but that surely must be a result which needs looking at.

A star to D?????
appeal
Reply 3
Original post by kev23s

How many people were doing FM at your centre? I ask because usually it's quite small and in those cases the CAGs your teachers supplied will have had the biggest weighting. So it might actually be that your teachers had some concerns about your performance? I'd ask and ask to know your CAG.

We don't yet know about mock appeals, that info will come out next week. In the meantime you should email your school formally saying you'd like to appeal. Were your mocks undertaken in test conditions?
Do you know what your centre assessed grade was?
if you think your CAG was an error u can appeal for that as well
Reply 6
Original post by 2500_2
How many people were doing FM at your centre? I ask because usually it's quite small and in those cases the CAGs your teachers supplied will have had the biggest weighting. So it might actually be that your teachers had some concerns about your performance? I'd ask and ask to know your CAG.

We don't yet know about mock appeals, that info will come out next week. In the meantime you should email your school formally saying you'd like to appeal. Were your mocks undertaken in test conditions?

yes. we all done the test in the hall with invigilators.plus i dont think its a my teacher, i emailed him he was shocked too and right now he is helping me to challenge my grade. In all my year 13 class tests. I average around 90 to 85 percent. the best part is in my real REAL REAL As exam i got A. which is the highest you can get in As. i did email my school. the exam officer asked me if i want to use my mock result( Is that really a question to ask but whatever). right now i don't know if i should revise further maths so i can retake it in October( i was already planning to retake my other 2, but further maths really isn't the subject you can handle in a month and half).
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by laurawatt
Do you know what your centre assessed grade was?

well i tried to ask for it but they refused to give it to me. but lets be honest if i got an average of 84 percent in further maths. they should at least give me an A.
Reply 8
Original post by 2500_2

the thing is there were 11 people in my class. Our As exam in yr 12. we all but 1 person received an A. and see below for more information.
Reply 9
Original post by aisharaindrop
appeal

but how high is my chance of actually get it. because i havent done further maths in months. i really dont remember anything. and one month really isnt enough to get back to my prime( im also retaking my other 2 because mock for those 2 actually didnt go too well for me .
Original post by kev23s
well i tried to ask for it but they refused to give it to me. but lets be honest if i got an average of 84 percent in further maths. they should at least give me an A.

I think you have good grounds to appeal :smile: Continue to work with your teachers on this - I think new information about appeals is coming out in the next few days
Reply 11
Most of my RS class are appealing our grades. There were only 10 of us in the class and everyone was downgraded by 1 grade below their CAGs. I originally wasn’t going to appeal as I got the grades to go to my firm uni but my friend who was consistently getting As in mocks ended up getting a B and everyone else saw similar outcomes. I was consistently getting Bs and got a C so from what I know, about 7 out of the 10 of us are appealing. My head of sixth form sent me a CAG request form which i had to send to the exams officer who then made a note that i want to appeal that grade and will get in touch with me when further guidance is given by the government. Turns out I got my CAGs in Law and Sociology, it just seems like Edexcel have been A holes and downgraded everyone by 1 for the crack (nobody in RS has gotten lower than a C in previous years).
Original post by kev23s

I was expecting an actual joke to make me laugh. That’s not a joke! Meh.
Original post by kev23s

Refused to give it. That has got alarm bells ringing in my head. I suspect they predicted you a D, and probably that is why you got a D. Maybe one or more of your Maths teachers had a grudge against you and abused their power by predicting you a low grade?

Quick Reply

Latest