The Student Room Group

Devastated about a level results :’(

I was predicted 2A’s and I received A-A* in all mocks and every single piece of classwork but I received 2B’s for results which meant my firm Edinburgh rejected me. I am incredibly devastated since I have been looking forward to going to Edinburgh for a while now. I wrote an email to my college to make an appeal but I haven’t received any reply. I also emailed Edinburgh about my situation but got no reply either.
Original post by Anonymous1502
I was predicted 2A’s and I received A-A* in all mocks and every single piece of classwork but I received 2B’s for results which meant my firm Edinburgh rejected me. I am incredibly devastated since I have been looking forward to going to Edinburgh for a while now. I wrote an email to my college to make an appeal but I haven’t received any reply. I also emailed Edinburgh about my situation but got no reply either.

I'm very sorry to read that your results didn't go as you intended-but please don't let exam grades dictate how you feel. There are always gateways to doing what you want to do and being successful.
Original post by JDINCINERATOR
I'm very sorry to read that your results didn't go as you intended-but please don't let exam grades dictate how you feel. There are always gateways to doing what you want to do and being successful.

I don't know what it is I want to do. I have insurance offer to do Chinese at SOAS and a clearing offer of Biology at Bristol. I always wanted to do medicine so probably Bristol is the better choice but I don't know whether it is something I still want. The Chinese degree sounds more interesting but the aftermath of a Chinese degree isn't as promising.

You need to call Edinburgh and tell them you re getting an appeal they might be willing to hold your place for you but there's no guarantee that it ll come back in time.
I don't know what it is I want to do. I have insurance offer to do Chinese at SOAS and a clearing offer of Biology at Bristol. I always wanted to do medicine so probably Bristol is the better choice but I don't know whether it is something I still want. The Chinese degree sounds more interesting but the aftermath of a Chinese degree isn't as promising.

How about a gap year to redo your A-Levels and then apply into medicine if that's what you want to do?
I don't want to resit any a levels anymore I have already spent 3 years doing them and I don't want to risk the worsening of my mental health by spending yet another year.

Original post by Untitled999999
How about a gap year to redo your A-Levels and then apply into medicine if that's what you want to do?
I don't want to resit any a levels anymore I have already spent 3 years doing them and I don't want to risk the worsening of my mental health by spending yet another year.

Call your school/college to get an answer, and call Edinburgh if there is going to be an appeal
Original post by Interrobang
Call your school/college to get an answer, and call Edinburgh if there is going to be an appeal

I was on the phone with Edinburgh I was told to write an email no one at my college is picking up the phone.
I was on the phone with Edinburgh I was told to write an email no one at my college is picking up the phone.

Contact both again
Contact both again

College said 5 days to find out results of appeal and didn't want to provide anymore information. I have been waiting 10 minutes so far for someone to pick up the phone at Edinburgh.
College said 5 days to find out results of appeal and didn't want to provide anymore information. I have been waiting 10 minutes so far for someone to pick up the phone at Edinburgh.

Appeals are likely to take longer than 5 days - we don't even know what they will look like yet. But if they have said they will appeal, then that is enough at this stage. Some people waited hours yesterday for a uni to pick up the phone - don't hang up! Maybe try contacting them on social media too?
Appeals are likely to take longer than 5 days - we don't even know what they will look like yet. But if they have said they will appeal, then that is enough at this stage. Some people waited hours yesterday for a uni to pick up the phone - don't hang up! Maybe try contacting them on social media too?

I am waiting for 30 minutes now but I need to be patient.
I am waiting for 30 minutes now but I need to be patient.

I'm afraid so. Make sure you have a drink and maybe do something while on hold (have your phone on speaker)?
I'm afraid so. Make sure you have a drink and maybe do something while on hold (have your phone on speaker)?

I am currently cleaning and left the phone on loud speaker
I am currently cleaning and left the phone on loud speaker

Good idea :smile:
I would send the email, if you haven't already, call up and point them towards your email (e.g. I sent an email at 8.35 this morning- the address is [email protected]). That way you have the greater urgency of the phone call whilst providing the university with the necessary information.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending