The Student Room Group

Clearing choice still referred

I received an email from a uni saying i meet the conditions of the course and i just need to add the clearing choice after 3pm yesterday. I added the choice on clearing and i checked this morning it is still saying 'The university or college is currently considering your application'. I contacted the uni yesterday and they said i need to send them a certificate of my results for evidence. I told them i dont have a certificate of results yet but i can send them a paper copy of results i got from school. So i emailed them a copy of that. Should the uni have accepted my offer on track by now?
Original post by dj_ad_1
I received an email from a uni saying i meet the conditions of the course and i just need to add the clearing choice after 3pm yesterday. I added the choice on clearing and i checked this morning it is still saying 'The university or college is currently considering your application'. I contacted the uni yesterday and they said i need to send them a certificate of my results for evidence. I told them i dont have a certificate of results yet but i can send them a paper copy of results i got from school. So i emailed them a copy of that. Should the uni have accepted my offer on track by now?

I would not worry about Track saying that ordinarily, since they only had 2.5 hours to respond before close of day yesterday. However, I would perhaps phone them today to confirm that they did receive the results :smile:
Original post by emiloujess
I would not worry about Track saying that ordinarily, since they only had 2.5 hours to respond before close of day yesterday. However, I would perhaps phone them today to confirm that they did receive the results :smile:

Thanks should it not say the uni has accepted your offer. And do i phone the clearing hotline?
Original post by dj_ad_1
Thanks should it not say the uni has accepted your offer. And do i phone the clearing hotline?

They will still be processing, a lot of people still have their Clearing place unconfirmed on Track (yours is the third one I have come across in the last hour or so). And yes I would try that :smile:
They will still be processing, a lot of people still have their Clearing place unconfirmed on Track (yours is the third one I have come across in the last hour or so). And yes I would try that :smile:

Ohh ok thanks looks like im not the only one. I was just a little bit worried i wouldnt get in as unis are being more flexible this year so are delaying decisions. Thanks ill try that right now

I gave the uni a call and they can confirm that they've received my email and are just waiting to check my grades with the requirements. They said they have to go through a lot of applications and would be hopeful to get back to me today but if not i should ring them tomorrow. Once they have checked my grades, they will update UCAS track. I guess its just a waiting game now.
Original post by dj_ad_1
I gave the uni a call and they can confirm that they've received my email and are just waiting to check my grades with the requirements. They said they have to go through a lot of applications and would be hopeful to get back to me today but if not i should ring them tomorrow. Once they have checked my grades, they will update UCAS track. I guess its just a waiting game now.

Great news :smile: if you know your grades meet the requirement for Clearing it could pretty much be called a definite now. Congratulations :smile:
Great news :smile: if you know your grades meet the requirement for Clearing it could pretty much be called a definite now. Congratulations :smile:

Thanks for ur help. Would they wait and make a decision until i receive my certificates with the grades tho as they are official from the exam board? I have only sent a paper scanned copy its not official.
Original post by dj_ad_1
Thanks for ur help. Would they wait and make a decision until i receive my certificates with the grades tho as they are official from the exam board? I have only sent a paper scanned copy its not official.

It is unlikely any student will receive their certificates in time - I did not get mine until the November afterwards. Most unis will accept a transcript. If it's not enough they will surely get back in touch with exactly what will be enough for them :smile:
It is unlikely any student will receive their certificates in time - I did not get mine until the November afterwards. Most unis will accept a transcript. If it's not enough they will surely get back in touch with exactly what will be enough for them :smile:

Ok thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending