The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Anyone going to Queen Mary or at Queen Mary !??

I wanted to ask if anyone is joining or currently in Queen Mary uni? I wanna make some friends/ask about the uni environment and how helpful are the lectures?

Scroll to see replies

Heyy!

Stick around on the QMUL TSR forums, I'm sure some faces will pop up after results day calms down a bit :lol:.

Hope you find some peeps :hugs:.

Razzz x
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by RazzzBerries
Heyy!

Stick around on the QMUL TSR forums, I'm sure some faces will pop up after results day calms down a bit :lol:.

Hope you find some peeps :hugs:.

Razzz x

thank you :smile:
Original post by Lara Habib
I wanted to ask if anyone is joining or currently in Queen Mary uni? I wanna make some friends/ask about the uni environment and how helpful are the lectures?

Hey there! CONGRATS for your offer!! We cant wait to welcome you to qmul :smile:

More people should start showing up around here, and if not, fear not! Everyone in qmul is super friendly (speaking from experience!)

The lectures are very helpful, I would recommend you attend as much as you can to get the whole experience and make the best out of your degree and the help that teachers can offer you - also a great way to make friends!

All the best and congrats again!

Maca
QMUL Student ambassador
Reply 4
Hi, I currently have an offer at Queen Mary for medicine but I have not met the offer criteria. Nothing has been updated on my UCAS and I was wondering if anyone knew why?
Original post by Dot20
Hi, I currently have an offer at Queen Mary for medicine but I have not met the offer criteria. Nothing has been updated on my UCAS and I was wondering if anyone knew why?

You should contact Queen Mary and ask them about this
hey!! im doing law, what about everyone else?
Reply 7

Yes ! I’m kinda nervous because I don’t know anyone who’s doing my course :frown:
Original post by sm_1
Yes ! I’m kinda nervous because I don’t know anyone who’s doing my course :frown:

Hey, @sm_1!

Don't worry at all, I didn't know anyone who was doing my course when I started uni at QMUL. However I made loads of friends in student halls, and during Freshers events and also before/after lectures and labs. Everyone will be in the same position as you and keen to make friends, so you won't have any problem at all! It's harder now because of Covid but maybe you could check on Facebook or TSR for any group chats of students who are at QMUL or doing your course?

QMUL is a very friendly and welcoming uni, you have nothing to worry about!

All the best,
Amaya.
3rd year MBBS
QMUL Student Ambassador.
I'm a QM student :hello:
Original post by cantbeblankk
hey!! im doing law, what about everyone else?

Heyy I’m doing that course too !
Hey, guys! We are so excited to welcome you all in September! Some of our Student Ambassadors have written articles and blogs on different topics related to uni life and our campus. Feel free to check them our here.

Also, we have a new video explaining how our campus will be Covid safe in September. Check it out here.

Amaya.
QMUL Student Ambassador.
Reply 12
Original post by Queen Mary Student Ambassadors
Hey, @sm_1!

Don't worry at all, I didn't know anyone who was doing my course when I started uni at QMUL. However I made loads of friends in student halls, and during Freshers events and also before/after lectures and labs. Everyone will be in the same position as you and keen to make friends, so you won't have any problem at all! It's harder now because of Covid but maybe you could check on Facebook or TSR for any group chats of students who are at QMUL or doing your course?

QMUL is a very friendly and welcoming uni, you have nothing to worry about!

All the best,
Amaya.
3rd year MBBS
QMUL Student Ambassador.

Ahaha thanks for the advice :smile: I was also wondering if you knew any 2nd/3rd year biomedical engineering students.I’d like some tips on what books they’d recommend for the first year!
hey! I’m doing politics and international relations from this September :smile:
Reply 14
I'm going QMUL to study English BA this September! :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by sm_1

Same - especially with covid I doubt there will be a physical freshers week. Which course are you studying ? im doing engineering
Reply 16
Original post by Unknown45678abc
Heyy I’m doing that course too !

What do you study ?
Reply 17
Same - especially with covid I doubt there will be a physical freshers week. Which course are you studying ? im doing engineering

Yes! I’ll be doing engineering as well!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by sm_1
Yes! I’ll be doing engineering as well!

Awesome ! ive been looking for a Queen Mary engineering group chat, have you found any ?
Reply 19
Awesome ! ive been looking for a Queen Mary engineering group chat, have you found any ?

I’ve been looking around but still haven’t found anything:frown:.Let me know if you manage to find something!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending