The Student Room Group

Should I appeal my grade?

My centre assessment grades were AAA and I received ABB. One of the B’s were in psychology which I’m a bit bummed about since I was capable of getting an A in an exam. My teacher said I should’ve been guaranteed an A. I want to appeal my grade since I’ve gotten A’s in my mocks and show an improvement over the year, but I’ve already been accepted into my first choice uni.
When i asked my teacher she said she thinks it would be worth appealing it but since I’ve already gotten a place in uni she doesn’t think I should risk being potentially downgraded again (even though I’ve never gotten a C in psychology in my life).
I know once I get my degree, my A levels won’t matter, but it’s a little disappointing to see 2 years of my work result in a B when I’ve been working hard to get an A (and have gotten those results in many of my mocks). I guess part of me also wants to feel as though I’m on the same level as my peers in my uni course since the standard requirements are AAB and the majority of people on my course got AAA/AAB, even though I was able to get a contextual offer because of my postcode/school, I wanted to meet the standard offer (mainly because I know i was capable of it) to prove to myself I deserve to be there (sounds lame haha)

My teacher said to let her know if I want to appeal by next week, just wanted some advice on if you think it’s worth it or not.
If you appeal the grades given can't be lower than your mocks right? I would say appeal you'll be fine. Even though you have you course if it brings peace pf mind and satisfaction I don't see why not.
Appeal even if you don’t need to appeal.
why would you be downgraded? Ofqual said they wouldn’t downgrade any students this year doing appeals.. just do it you got nothing to lose
Reply 4
Original post by cherryxberry
why would you be downgraded? Ofqual said they wouldn’t downgrade any students this year doing appeals.. just do it you got nothing to lose

i was just going off what was said in the email from my teacher: “On appeal, grades can either ‘stay the same’ or’ go up ‘or ‘go down’”
Original post by tacobeth
i was just going off what was said in the email from my teacher: “On appeal, grades can either ‘stay the same’ or’ go up ‘or ‘go down’”

Your teacher probably said that before they announced grades won’t go down. You got an A in your mocks so it also wouldn’t make sense for it to go down anyway...appeal!

Quick Reply

Latest