The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University Clearing and Adjustment 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by heatheramyn
Hi! I'm not sure if you'd know, but have you any idea how long it may take for courses to make a decision on clearing applications? It is for social work and sociology if that would make any difference. thank you!

been waiting for hours now ngl
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by Manlikeytu
been waiting for hours now ngl

Sorry for the wait!
As you can imagine it's very busy at the moment and there's tonnes of enquiries. I can assure you though that someone will look at your application ASAP.
Charlotte :smile:
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi Anon,
First of all, have a look in clearing to check if the course you're interested in is available and if you meet the requirements - you can look for it here.
You need to register for adjustment through UCAS (which you can do since you exceeded your offer).
You can then apply for adjustment - there's more details on this page.
Hope this makes sense and let me know if I can help you with anything.
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine

So If I fill out the clearing form provided by the university then nothing will happen to the current offer I’m holding at my firm choice? Because I’m an enquiring at this stage I’m not sure.
Original post by Anonymous
So If I fill out the clearing form provided by the university then nothing will happen to the current offer I’m holding at my firm choice? Because I’m an enquiring at this stage I’m not sure.

If you go through UCAS adjustment then you should keep your original offers until you accept an offer from somewhere else.
As long as you don't release yourself from your unconditional firm offer then they should remain.
Adjustment is open for 5 days.
Hope this is useful!
Hi, can I apply for clearing on the same course (first choice) I did not meet all the grades for, but still have a conditional offer open because I am appealing the results?
Original post by martyn10101
Hi, can I apply for clearing on the same course (first choice) I did not meet all the grades for, but still have a conditional offer open because I am appealing the results?

Hi @martyn10101,
Sorry for the slower reply, I've just been checking the appropriate information for you.
If you have a conditional offer from us you can let us know here https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/results/self-service/appeals/
In order to get a place through clearing you need to meet the requirements with your current grades (we cannot currently give offers based on appeals). You can see the list of courses and their subject requirements here. You're welcome to apply for alternative courses through clearing but if your offer was not made unconditional firm through UCAS Track based only our current grades, it's unlikely that you will be offered a place for the course by making a clearing enquiry.
Please let me know if this makes sense & I'll be happy to aid you in finding an alternative course at Lancaster.
Still no response from clearing..
OK, thanks for your response. With your courses clearing entry requirements being the same as non clearing, it sounds like you are confirming clearing is only for people that did not get a place somewhere better.

Given the blanket postcode based down grading of results this seems harsh in current circumstances. Especially as Gov guidlines ask Unis directly to be more flexible with entry criteria.
Still no response from clearing..

I'm sorry for your wait but unfortunately there's not a lot I can do at the moment.
I know our phone line isn't so busy anymore and so more people are working on giving offers, and I know there's a team of people currently working on giving offers out.
No news just means your application is still being considered and I know it's a stressful time but there's nothing more I can do for you at the moment - I'm sorry I wish there was more I could do!
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
I'm sorry for your wait but unfortunately there's not a lot I can do at the moment.
I know our phone line isn't so busy anymore and so more people are working on giving offers, and I know there's a team of people currently working on giving offers out.
No news just means your application is still being considered and I know it's a stressful time but there's nothing more I can do for you at the moment - I'm sorry I wish there was more I could do!

yeahh sorry for being pushy just a bit stressed right now:smile:
yeahh sorry for being pushy just a bit stressed right now:smile:

Yeah this is completely understandable! Today is a difficult day in lots of ways and I hope you hear from us soon.
Original post by martyn10101
OK, thanks for your response. With your courses clearing entry requirements being the same as non clearing, it sounds like you are confirming clearing is only for people that did not get a place somewhere better.

Given the blanket postcode based down grading of results this seems harsh in current circumstances. Especially as Gov guidlines ask Unis directly to be more flexible with entry criteria.

Hi @martyn10101,
Could I check that I've understood that you're still holding a conditional offer?
If so, this may mean we do not have their full results for example. You can email [email protected] and follow the process on this page to let us know you're appealing: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/results/self-service/appeals/. We haven't said 'no' in this instance if you still have your conditional offer.
Have I understood correctly? Please let me know if not or if you have anymore questions.
Hello, I got 4 A*s and my BMAT 2019 score was 6.2 and 4.8, I don't assume that there are any places available for medicine?
Original post by Mephistopheles07
Hello, I got 4 A*s and my BMAT 2019 score was 6.2 and 4.8, I don't assume that there are any places available for medicine?

Hi @Mephistopheles07,
I'm afraid we haven't had any places on our medicine course in clearing this year.
Good luck in your search, I hope you manage to find a place.
Well, it's been quite a day, hasn't it? :burnout:
Clearing has closed for today, we'll be back here tomorrow at 8 am, so do ask if you need anything.
You can still view our courses and fill in an application overnight, or pop us a message on here and we'll come back to you tomorrow.
Lancaster TSR Team
Good morning everyone!
We still have a range of courses in clearing so feel free to send in an application.
We'll be here all day to answer any questions you might have.
Lancaster TSR Team
We were asked yesterday to keep you updated as we close our Clearing courses, so I'll add them in the thread as I hear them
Physics is now closed for clearing.
The full course list can be found here: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/clearing/courses/
Louise
Lancaster TSR Team
If philosophy BCC is it possible for international student?

Hi, can I ask a question?
Reply 38
I want to know if I want to apply Lancaster Philosophy with BCC is it possible?
Original post by Lancaster University
Good morning everyone, and good luck with your results.

Our Clearing vacancies are live and we're ready to chat to you here for whatever you need today.
Unfortunately are not able to offer any places for Medicine and Surgery in Clearing or Adjustment this year, but we do have many other courses available at the moment.
We also have 50 students ready on our unibuddy channel to talk with you about courses, student life and anything else.
We're here to help, just ask :smile:

Lancaster TSR Team

Can I get a clearing offer in philosophy with BCC? I’m an international student. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending