The Student Room Group

Do resits also take place in summer 2021?

I am a 2020 candidate who feels that my calculated grades are incorrect, Instead of taking the October exams, can I take exams next summer which would replace my calculated grades (if they were higher)?

I say this because if I were to take the October exams, I would have to take a gap year anyway since my universities wont accept me if I retook and got a better grade.

Does Ofqual have the same system in place for Summer 2020 resits as they do for Autumn 2020 resits?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Original post by Navboi
I am a 2020 candidate who feels that my calculated grades are incorrect, Instead of taking the October exams, can I take exams next summer which would replace my calculated grades (if they were higher)?

I say this because if I were to take the October exams, I would have to take a gap year anyway since my universities wont accept me if I retook and got a better grade.

Does Ofqual have the same system in place for Summer 2020 resits as they do for Autumn 2020 resits?

Some unis will let you use predicted grades given by your teacher and allow you to resit in autumn or summer. You'd have to call them to ask whether they do or not.
Ofqual has told me that summer exams don't count as offical resits but it is up to the disgretion of the uni in question.
I'd check with your uni first to see if they prefer the autumn or summer exams. If you do the summer exams then it is considered a resit rather than part of the "triple lock system".

Hope this helps

Original post by Navboi

Reply 3
Original post by KawaiiMuffinCake
I'd check with your uni first to see if they prefer the autumn or summer exams. If you do the summer exams then it is considered a resit rather than part of the "triple lock system".

Hope this helps

Hello! thank you for replying.
I've actually just spoken on the phone to someone from ofqual, they said that the summer appeal exams count as first-sits, and it is up to the university (like you said) on whether they prefer someone who did Autumn appeal exams or the Summer appeal exams. She also said because of the circumstances, universities are likely to be flexible and not discriminate between the two. However she does not yet have data on whether unis in general prefer autumn over summer, so my best option would be to do what you, and @nigachoro said and contact the unis to find out :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending