The Student Room Group

RAF application

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on my query. I had an aptitude test (which I passed) prior to lockdown. The next step was interview but I needed to supply a copy of an exam certificate which was not in my possession. Long story short, the exam I thought I had passed, I actually hadn't taken (an IT exam and I was looking at an IT role in the RAF). I rang the RAF recruitment office today to explain that I did not have the certificate. I have now changed my mind as to which direction I wish to go in and do not want to go down the IT job route. I have been told I have to reapply from scratch. I had thought that once an aptitude test was done, it gave you freedom to apply for any jobs that your test marked you as having passed the test for? It seems crazy that I have to resit an aptitude test just because my choice of career within the RAF has changed.
Is anyone able to enlighten me - is this right? Seems a waste of RAF's time & money making people resit the aptitude test when it was done so recently.
TIA
Reapply doesn’t mean resit. Your AST results will still be valid.

Confirm with the AFCO and ask for clarification as to whether they want you apply online again or amend your current file with a new job preference.
Original post by amsiego
I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on my query. I had an aptitude test (which I passed) prior to lockdown. The next step was interview but I needed to supply a copy of an exam certificate which was not in my possession. Long story short, the exam I thought I had passed, I actually hadn't taken (an IT exam and I was looking at an IT role in the RAF). I rang the RAF recruitment office today to explain that I did not have the certificate. I have now changed my mind as to which direction I wish to go in and do not want to go down the IT job route. I have been told I have to reapply from scratch. I had thought that once an aptitude test was done, it gave you freedom to apply for any jobs that your test marked you as having passed the test for? It seems crazy that I have to resit an aptitude test just because my choice of career within the RAF has changed.
Is anyone able to enlighten me - is this right? Seems a waste of RAF's time & money making people resit the aptitude test when it was done so recently.
TIA

Hi

Which AFCO are you going through?

You won't have to do the AST again, you'll just need to re-apply for the role you want to do now. You'll just skip the AST when it comes to it.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment

Quick Reply

Latest