The Student Room Group

Will exams go ahead in 2021?

Are we more likely to sit exams than not?

Scroll to see replies

Depends on the situation but most likely yes.
Reply 2
^ Exactly
With the absolute mess that’s happening with grades this year, I feel the exam boards and government will do everything they can to ensure exams actually go ahead next year. Of course if coronavirus is still around and a way to safely carry out exams isn’t sorted out, they may be cancelled too
most likely yes
With this shambles I highly doubt they will cancel exams again and will find a way of doing it socially distanced
Reply 6
I'm a private candidate, meaning I self-study a levels and everyone in that situation this year didn't get no grades. I really don't want them to cancel them.
Reply 7
As much as I don't want to sit my A-levels next year, we most likely will.
But that depends on the situation, if there is a second wave of COVID and that disrupts our education further. Depending on when and if it happens then exams may be cancelled or an alternative way of calculating results may happen as taking out topics is not possible (schools cover different topics at different times). I suppose if worse comes to worse but there are still exams it may be on year 12 topics and maybe (depending on teaching time) a couple of year 13 topics. Given the mess and confusion among this years results the gov will try to ensure that there are exams next year (given that its safe to do so), whether they may cut down on what is examined or coursework elements is unknown. Obviously they would have to account for local lockdowns from September onwards as it would mean that some schools are shut and others open.
I'm trying to be realistic.
Reply 8
After today surely CAG can't be used again
Reply 9
Hopefully they will figure out a way to conduct our exams at home...but seriously we can't tell whats going to happen as of right now...:s-smilie:
I hope so. As someone who got grades this year, I don’t see how the year 12s would not sit the exams. If there’s another huge national lockdown, maybe they’d make adjustments, but with how badly the whole system went this year, they’d do anything to avoid that. Centres can’t have no results to publish for two years in a row.
Exams will definitely go ahead next year.

The Education Secretary, Gavin Williamson, said so earlier.

I really hope it does.

Fingers crossed by the end of October we will get a proper CoronaVirus Vaccine, which eill be effectibe and in use to orevent the virus spreading and to prevent a national and local lockdown.
Reply 12
Will unis be lenient to us in 2021? My dream uni is one grade about my predictions and I really want to get in. It’s soooo competitive tho :frown:
Original post by satsun
Will unis be lenient to us in 2021? My dream uni is one grade about my predictions and I really want to get in. It’s soooo competitive tho :frown:

What course are you thinking of doing at which uni?
Original post by Izzy003
Taking out topics is not possible (schools cover different topics at different times).

Singapore have taken out some topics for the A level exams that their students will take in November (the end of their two year course). They announced in good time which topics these are. They are the ones that most colleges teach near the end of the course.
Reply 15
Original post by Anisha23456789
What course are you thinking of doing at which uni?

PPE at King’s College London.
Original post by satsun

Cool...what are your assuptions for your current predicted grades for UCAS?
Reply 17
Original post by Anisha23456789
Cool...what are your assuptions for your current predicted grades for UCAS?

I think AAA, but they ask for A*AA
Original post by satsun

Just don’t go there to the biological science department. I had an offer from them, easily below my predicted grades, but turned them down due to the awful reputation of that department.
Reply 19
Original post by AccountHolder
Just don’t go there to the biological science department. I had an offer from them, easily below my predicted grades, but turned them down due to the awful reputation of that department.

Are you saying they gave you an offer even though you were below the requirements? Why does it have this reputation? Does it run throughout the uni?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending