The Student Room Group

Clearing

Are online clearing applications checked by a person or automatically accepted or denied via a computer?
Original post by brodiedunn20
Are online clearing applications checked by a person or automatically accepted or denied via a computer?

They will be checked by someone
Original post by Interrobang
They will be checked by someone

if a Uni accepts you're clearing offer, can they then backtrack on the offer and claim it was a mistake?
if a Uni accepts you're clearing offer, can they then backtrack on the offer and claim it was a mistake?

No they shouldn't. Do you have written confirmation?
Original post by Interrobang
No they shouldn't. Do you have written confirmation?

Yes, I have an email, I was also about to accept the offer on the uni website however pressed edit application by accident. I then backed out and it said that i'd edited the application so it was sent off for a second time. I rang up and said that i pressed the wrong thing and wish to accept the offer, they then said that they can't accept my offer because there was a mistake. I also previously rang up after getting my application to confirm that my application was correct, they offered for me to accept it on the phone but I said i'd sleep on it.
Yes, I have an email, I was also about to accept the offer on the uni website however pressed edit application by accident. I then backed out and it said that i'd edited the application so it was sent off for a second time. I rang up and said that i pressed the wrong thing and wish to accept the offer, they then said that they can't accept my offer because there was a mistake. I also previously rang up after getting my application to confirm that my application was correct, they offered for me to accept it on the phone but I said i'd sleep on it.

After getting my offer**

What mistake did they say? Assuming you didn't lie, they need to accept you
Reply 7

my clearing application instantly got rejected. I doubt it got checked by someone

Quick Reply

Latest