Exam Results Helpline - Ask us your questions.

Watch
National Careers Service
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
If you need support with your A level results this year, we're here to offer you advice and support.

Post your questions in this thread and one of our expert exam results advisers will get back in touch.
nemowentswimming
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi, are we allowed to ask our schools where they ranked us in comparison to the rest of the class?
TheInnuendo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi,

My school sent a request for cash-in to Pearson this morning. According to my school, such requests are normally processed within 2 weeks. Is this really so?

I'm worried because my offer's deadline is August 31, and I might technically fail to meet the offer conditions if it takes a bit longer that two weeks.

Thank you
TheInnuendo
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi,

My school sent a request for cash-in to Pearson this morning. According to my school, such requests are normally processed within 2 weeks. Is this really so?

I'm worried because my offer's deadline is August 31, and I might technically fail to meet the offer conditions if it takes a bit longer that two weeks.

Thank you
National Careers Service
Rep:
?
(Original post by nemowentswimming)
Hi, are we allowed to ask our schools where they ranked us in comparison to the rest of the class?
Hi there,

Thanks for your question.

If a school or college is asked to release rank order information by a student, they need to make sure that providing this information does not lead them to release data about another student. So what that means is you can find out the information on yourself but no other students in your class.

Different schools and colleges will take different approaches to releasing centre assessment grades so you must speak to your school or college as it may have taken a different approach from others.

My advice would be to chat to your school about it as soon as you can.

I hope that this helps and please do let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks - Sophie.
National Careers Service
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheInnuendo)
Hi,

Thank you
Hi thanks for posting your question.

The cash-in process depends on how busy the exam board is, UCAS have asked universities to show flexibility to students who are waiting for results to return and to extend the deadline to the 7th of September.

My advice would be to speak with your uni as soon as you can to explain the situation and ask if they can extend the deadline for you.

Thanks - Sophie.
James Rahman
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi, this is my situation. Im extremely disappointed and frustrated about the grades I was given, in recent months before lockdown I was achieving constant A-B grades in my mocks, and the PPE grades I officially got were ABB, however my CAG I received yesterday was BDC, I got rejected from my firm (Leeds) which needed ABB, however, I know that if I appeal and get my PPE grades I should get in, this dramatically affects my future as I want to go into IB and the top firms usually only accept from higher tire RG unis. I don't understand how all of my grades were reduced by so much along with my psychology grade going down by 2 grades, this is especially confusing as some of my peers never got that low and I know my teachers entered high grades for me. Another thing is in my history coursework I nearly received 100% marks on it and I got a B in my mock exam, which would have given me an overall grade of an A, however, the grade came to a C on the day. Can I contact my local MP to help me with this matter?
Jhhkosoos
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi
I got my a level results AAB but I need AA*A*. I will be appealing since I have been getting A’s and A* in my assessments.How does the mock appeal work? I’m scared that my school will refuse to appeyal.I feel like my teachers hate/ don’t believe in me since my CAG’s were only AAA.There is evidence of me achieving A’s and A*’s in mocks .I’m just sick of all of this and I can’t do anything to prove my capabilities.I don’t know what to do, and I currently have no offers. I feel stuck.
Last edited by Jhhkosoos; 2 months ago
National Careers Service
Rep:
?
(Original post by James Rahman)
Hi, this is my situation. Im extremely disappointed and frustrated about the grades I was given, in recent months before lockdown I was achieving constant A-B grades in my mocks, and the PPE grades I officially got were ABB, however my CAG I received yesterday was BDC, I got rejected from my firm (Leeds) which needed ABB, however, I know that if I appeal and get my PPE grades I should get in, this dramatically affects my future as I want to go into IB and the top firms usually only accept from higher tire RG unis. I don't understand how all of my grades were reduced by so much along with my psychology grade going down by 2 grades, this is especially confusing as some of my peers never got that low and I know my teachers entered high grades for me. Another thing is in my history coursework I nearly received 100% marks on it and I got a B in my mock exam, which would have given me an overall grade of an A, however, the grade came to a C on the day. Can I contact my local MP to help me with this matter?
Hello James thanks for posting and I understand why you are feeling disappointed here.

You can appeal these grades if you believe they are wrong and you can do that by speaking with your school/college and they can put in an appeal on your behalf.

You can then let the uni know that you are appealing and they may be able to hold a place for you until you receive the outcome of your appeal, UCAS are encouraging uni's to hold offers until September 7th to allow students to go through the appeals process.

If you don't wish to appeal, you can sit the exams you missed in the Autumn and apply for uni at a later date or you can look to do an alternative course through clearing.

In short - my advice would be to speak with your school/college as soon as you can about launching an appeal into your results, once this has started speak with the uni to ask if they can hold a place for you until you hear the outcome. I can't guarantee the uni will do this for you but if the appeal is successful you can either apply for the same course at the same uni next year or look for alternatives through UCAS clearing this year.

Thanks - Sophie.
wonderingcat2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
same position as you mate, needed ABB which were my predicted, was on track for A - maths A - history B - further maths, got A* in History coursework, B in last main mocks and A in minor mocks, but ended up getting downgraded to BCC - worst than in my Year 12 mock results of ABB. I couldn't believe my eyes, got rejected from all my offers which needed ABB and nothing in clearing is helpful or will accept me for appealed grades because it takes up to 42 days.
I'm contacting my MP, I'd recommend you do too.
National Careers Service
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jhhkosoos)
Hi
I got my a level results AAB but I need AA*A*. I will be appealing since I have been getting A’s and A* in my assessments.How does the mock appeal work? I’m scared that my school will refuse to appeyal.I feel like my teachers hate/ don’t believe in me since my CAG’s were only AAA.There is evidence of me achieving A’s and A*’s in mocks .I’m just sick of all of this and I can’t do anything to prove my capabilities.I don’t know what to do, and I currently have no offers. I feel stuck.
Hi thanks for posting and I am sorry to hear that you didn't get the grades you needed.

We are still waiting on further guidance to be announced by the Government on how the mock appeals process is going to work in full but what we know at the moment is that the school/college lodge the appeal on your behalf and will submit evidence to say that you should have achieved the CAG.

What you can do if you want to push the grades to A* is to sit the exam that you should have sat in the summer and you can do this in the Autumn term, again you need to speak with your school/college as soon as possible.

If you feel that there has been teacher bias or discrimination you can appeal and there is further guidance here - https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ts-summer-2020

The grades you have received are very good and you can still progress onto uni through UCAS Clearing there will be many courses open to you with those grades.

I hope that the options above are helpful and that you can move forward with the right option for yourself.

Thanks - Sophie.
National Careers Service
Rep:
?
If you have questions about your A level or BTEC results, we have an exam results adviser on hand to offer support. Please pop your questions in this thread and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
James Rahman
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If I am downgraded by 2 grades from my mocks, for example, I got a C when in mocks an A, will my appeal lead for me to get an A or just boost me 1 grade to a B?
National Careers Service
Rep:
?
If I am downgraded by 2 grades from my mocks, for example, I got a C when in mocks an A, will my appeal lead for me to get an A or just boost me 1 grade to a B?
It's difficult to say at the moment as we are still waiting on further guidance on what will be classed as a sufficient 'mock' grade.

Once schools/colleges have this information they can they send off evidence to back up your mock grade so it could be lifted by more than 1 grade if they have sufficient evidence.

Hopefully we will see some guidance in the coming days.

Thanks - Sophie.
HBaguette
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
am i allowed to ask about why the entire education system is fundamentally flawed and this results day has only been proof of that or nah
genuine question
National Careers Service
Rep:
?
(Original post by HBaguette)
am i allowed to ask about why the entire education system is fundamentally flawed and this results day has only been proof of that or nah
genuine question
Hi there,

You are free to ask what you like here but I'm not sure if I could answer that question.

I'm here to offer support with exam results and I understand it has been a unique and for some a very difficult year for results.

You could always direct your questions to the Department for Education for further clarity, or your local MP.

Thanks - Sophie.
HBaguette
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by National Careers Service)
Hi there,

You are free to ask what you like here but I'm not sure if I could answer that question.

I'm here to offer support with exam results and I understand it has been a unique and for some a very difficult year for results.

You could always direct your questions to the Department for Education for further clarity, or your local MP.

Thanks - Sophie.
that's fair enough honestly, its not your job to answer questions like that
but you know i really doubt the deparment for education gives a ****, i went to a state school, why would they care?
National Careers Service
Rep:
?
that's fair enough honestly, its not your job to answer questions like that
but you know i really doubt the deparment for education gives a ****, i went to a state school, why would they care?
I understand your frustration, is there anything I might be able to help with?
HBaguette
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by National Careers Service)
I understand your frustration, is there anything I might be able to help with?
not unless you're able to single-handedly repair the entire system, unfortunately

there's probably gonna be protests, though. hope so, at least
but probably nothing that you could help with in this thread, i'll let you know if i come up with a question that's actually suitable or whatever
National Careers Service
Rep:
?
not unless you're able to single-handedly repair the entire system, unfortunately

there's probably gonna be protests, though. hope so, at least
but probably nothing that you could help with in this thread, i'll let you know if i come up with a question that's actually suitable or whatever
We're here to help, so if you do think of anything please do let us know.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (10)
18.52%
I'm not sure (2)
3.7%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (15)
27.78%
I have already dropped out (2)
3.7%
I'm not a current university student (25)
46.3%

Watched Threads