The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

University of Bradford - Foundation in Clinical Sciences 2020/2021 official thread

Hello :hi:

This is the official thread for all things Foundation in Clinical Sciences / Medicine (B991)

This is one of our most popular courses, so we thought it best to create a thread where students past, present and future can chat and ask questions :question::question::question::question:

The course provides varied study options to students such as Clinical Sciences BSc, Pharmacy MPharm, Biomedical Science BSc, Physiotherapy BSc, Forensic Sciences BSc and last but not least students may use this Foundation year to enter a Medicine degree.

The link above contains a treasure :pirate3: trove of info... but also feel free to post any questions about the course here and we will do our best to help!

Sue :h:

Scroll to see replies

Hello can I still apply for this course before jan 15th ? How many places do you have on the course ?
Also I am a graduate in a non science subject with an access course can I still apply ?
Also is the link only with Sheffield medical school now ? As the Leeds link to medicine is no longer available?
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Original post by RAMAHONY1
Hello can I still apply for this course before jan 15th ? How many places do you have on the course ?
Also I am a graduate in a non science subject with an access course can I still apply ?
Also is the link only with Sheffield medical school now ? As the Leeds link to medicine is no longer available?

Hello :smile:

I'm very sorry for the delayed response!

You can still apply for this course before 15th January, for the exact number of places you would need to contact [email protected].

We only have an association with Sheffield Medical School, who will consider our Foundation applicants who meet their widening participation criteria, you can find more details on the course page.

I hope this helps, but do let me know if you have any further questions.

Becky & Sue
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
What should I expect from the selection day?
Does it involve a typical medical school interview?
Is there specific questioning?

Thank you
Reply 4
Original post by Aaminaa.k
Hi I have an upcoming interview at Bradford for clinical sciences to study pharmacy later on and was wondering what sort of questions the interview will consist of. Is there anything I need for the interview i.e. written proof of work experience

Discussion of interview questions is against TSR and the uni's rules
Reply 5
Hi Joe
I have a few questions about the clinical foundation program, Bradford.
Unfortunately, I was declined place after interview this year -despite I had required Grades and high BMAT, so likely my underperformance at interview.
I want to know if I can apply to Leeds Uni Medicine program via UCAS next year beside can be considered if I achieve required grades in Foundation program. Is it possible? so both routes??
Obviously I need to BMAT this year again so should I do it before UCAS application Oct,2020 or what?
I am bit confused as I want to use all possible options to get in the medicine program.
Thanks for your time in answering my queries.regards
syd
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by syd31
Hi Joe
I have a few questions about the clinical foundation program, Bradford.
Unfortunately, I was declined place after interview this year -despite I had required Grades and high BMAT, so likely my underperformance at interview.
I want to know if I can apply to Leeds Uni Medicine program via UCAS next year beside can be considered if I achieve required grades in Foundation program. Is it possible? so both routes??
Obviously I need to BMAT this year again so should I do it before UCAS application Oct,2020 or what?
I am bit confused as I want to use all possible options to get in the medicine program.
Thanks for your time in answering my queries.regards
syd

Hi There :h:

We have replied to your direct message which you sent earlier regarding the above! We hope this helps, please let us know if you have any further questions :smile:

I hope this helps.
Reply 7
Is that anyone that has an offer that can tell me about how long it took to get a response.
Original post by University of Bradford

This is the official thread for all things Foundation in Clinical Sciences / Medicine (B991)

This is one of our most popular courses, so we thought it best to create a thread where students past, present and future can chat and ask questions :question::question::question::question:

The course provides varied study options to students such as Clinical Sciences BSc, Pharmacy MPharm, Biomedical Science BSc, Physiotherapy BSc, Forensic Sciences BSc and last but not least students may use this Foundation year to enter a Medicine degree.

The link above contains a treasure :pirate3: trove of info... but also feel free to post any questions about the course here and we will do our best to help!

Hi! I'm looking to apply this year for 2021 entry and have a few questions! :smile:

When is it advisable to submit the UCAS application?

When do the interview dates range from?

How many candidates, on average, are invited to interviews?

Is there a theme in the experiences of previous successful applicants?

For graduates of a non related degree, would you consider it relevant to show reflection on said degree and how the skills can be suitably transferred to B991, or is there a heavier focus on the personal motivation for applying to the medical field?

Sorry for the chaotic message! Talk about pre-application stress. Thanks!!
Hello! So I’m starting the foundation year in September and was wondering if I wanted to do the BSC clinical sciences would I have to do a seperate admissions ?
Original post by Sabirah231x
Hello! So I’m starting the foundation year in September and was wondering if I wanted to do the BSC clinical sciences would I have to do a seperate admissions ?

Hi there! :smile:

If you're on the Clinical Sciences Foundation route, you will have stated to Admissions during the interview what you want to progress onto, so upon successful completion, you'd move onto it without applying again.

I hope this helps :smile:

Becky
Reply 11
Hi, I called the clearing line yesterday and have my information in as I wanted to get into the Clinical/Medicine Foundation course. I was given a CLR number and was told they would get back to me to tell me if I'm eligible so I could have a phone interview. I'm just really worried because I haven't heard from them since yesterday.
Original post by msmars
Hi, I called the clearing line yesterday and have my information in as I wanted to get into the Clinical/Medicine Foundation course. I was given a CLR number and was told they would get back to me to tell me if I'm eligible so I could have a phone interview. I'm just really worried because I haven't heard from them since yesterday.

I had my phone interview straight away. I guess just give it a few days as they are really busy and if you don’t get a call maybe call the admissions team up
Reply 13
Original post by Sabirah231x
I had my phone interview straight away. I guess just give it a few days as they are really busy and if you don’t get a call maybe call the admissions team up

Thanks. Can I ask around what time did you call and did you get a place? Sorry if that's too invasive you don't have to answer.
Hello,
I had a few questions about how you go about applying for route 3.

Is this an application handled through UCAS?
Is Leeds the only medical school you are able to apply for through this foundation course?
Original post by msmars
Thanks. Can I ask around what time did you call and did you get a place? Sorry if that's too invasive you don't have to answer.

Hi yes I did get a place and I rang on results day and got my place on results day!
Original post by Phantasmae
Hello,
I had a few questions about how you go about applying for route 3.

Is this an application handled through UCAS?
Is Leeds the only medical school you are able to apply for through this foundation course?

They have a relatively new partnership with Sheffield which is a separate application when you get your results- around july time. If you get over 70% average and meet 2 of the widening participation criteria you get an interview. (I think)
Reply 17
I'm studying this course for this year but i'm from Bradford so wont be travelling far.
Reply 18
Original post by University of Bradford

Does anybody know the estimated price of books for this year i just want to know how much i will have to spend.
Hi has everyone got their timetable it seems to be all online. Hopefully it is. I just want to check to ensure i am not misreading things. Please let me know

Latest

Trending

Trending