The Student Room Group

A Level results, Uni entry requirement

Hello,

Today, I got my A Level results, I can believe the grades that I got ( I got an A in French, a C in Spanish and a D in maths), my predicted grades were A*BC. The most suspicion thing is that I got only an A in french but I am a french student, who had an A* for the mocks. I know that I can make an appeal, I will do it tomorrow morning anyways. So imagine I actually got A*CD; my firm choice for Uni asks me to get BBB for the A Levels results and I got A*CD which is less that they asked, but why on the UCAS website, they didn't reject the offer but they didn't accept it either, I really want to go there but I don't know if it's still possible to get there with an A*CD whereas they asked me to get BBB, but with the actual situation, they should be nicer to us because we couldn't do anything to it...

Thank for the help
Honestly I think most unis took pity on us, it was so unfair!! Email or call the uni to ask about your place but don’t stress you did really well, and should be proud of yourself!! Maybe contact ucas as well to see and maybe look at clearing course for a worse case. Good luck!!!
Hiya @frz17
If your uni has not made a decision on UCAS track then you should contact them first thing tomorrow morning and find out when they're gonna make a decision :yep: Which uni is it? Emphasise you still want to go there and that you are appealing your French grade and hopefully they can make a decision asap.
Do you have an unconditional insurance you would go to if your firm doesn't accept you or would it be clearing?
Reply 3
Original post by Lau2en _
Honestly I think most unis took pity on us, it was so unfair!! Email or call the uni to ask about your place but don’t stress you did really well, and should be proud of yourself!! Maybe contact ucas as well to see and maybe look at clearing course for a worse case. Good luck!!!

Oh thank you, I feel like there is injustice to us, they litterely destroyed the future of so many student for no reason.
Reply 4
Original post by Lemur14
Hiya @frz17
If your uni has not made a decision on UCAS track then you should contact them first thing tomorrow morning and find out when they're gonna make a decision :yep: Which uni is it? Emphasise you still want to go there and that you are appealing your French grade and hopefully they can make a decision asap.
Do you have an unconditional insurance you would go to if your firm doesn't accept you or would it be clearing?

This is Aston University first, then you think it's still possible to get accepted even if I don't have the exact grade required to be there?

And yes, I have unconditional insurance, but I really want to go to Aston University
Original post by frz17
This is Aston University first, then you think it's still possible to get accepted even if I don't have the exact grade required to be there?

And yes, I have unconditional insurance, but I really want to go to Aston University

If they haven't made a decision yet then there's still a chance, but you need to contact them tomorrow to find out.
That's good to hear you have a solid back up should Aston not be able to take you :yep:
Reply 6
Original post by Lemur14
If they haven't made a decision yet then there's still a chance, but you need to contact them tomorrow to find out.
That's good to hear you have a solid back up should Aston not be able to take you :yep:

What should I say ? Could you help me things that I need to say, like a little listing, I am scared to forget a crucial information..
Original post by frz17
What should I say ? Could you help me things that I need to say, like a little listing, I am scared to forget a crucial information..

Fill in the letters with your own information :smile:
You are an applicant that has firmed the uni for x course
You have received y grades in z subjects but haven't had a confirmation decision yet.
You still would like to take up the place should it be offered and (if appropriate judging by how the call is going/whether it feels relevant) you like the course/uni because a,b c.
When can you expect to have a decision through from them? Check they've received all your results expected (so they have the information to make the decision), and if they need anything else from you :wink:
It would be handy to have your UCAS track number available too in case they ask for that :yep:
Reply 8
Original post by Lemur14
Fill in the letters with your own information :smile:
You are an applicant that has firmed the uni for x course
You have received y grades in z subjects but haven't had a confirmation decision yet.
You still would like to take up the place should it be offered and (if appropriate judging by how the call is going/whether it feels relevant) you like the course/uni because a,b c.
When can you expect to have a decision through from them? Check they've received all your results expected (so they have the information to make the decision), and if they need anything else from you :wink:
It would be handy to have your UCAS track number available too in case they ask for that :yep:

Thank youu
Hi everyone! I have a similar issue as I ended up not meeting the IB reqs for my firm by the A-levels results day. I did let them know multiple times that I'm in a process of an appeal due to one of my grades that was obviously wrongly calculated, but they still withdrew my offer. Now my insurance is my new 'firm', however, my true firm uni have stated they will give me the offer back if I meet reqs by the 7th of september. If by that time I'm accepted by my insurance and come 'in a legal agreement with them', am I allowed to withdraw from my place and go to my firm instead provided I get accepted by the 7.09?

I'd really appreciate any help!
Original post by frz17
Thank youu

You're welcome, hope they make a decision quickly :smile:
Original post by heidixxxx
Hi everyone! I have a similar issue as I ended up not meeting the IB reqs for my firm by the A-levels results day. I did let them know multiple times that I'm in a process of an appeal due to one of my grades that was obviously wrongly calculated, but they still withdrew my offer. Now my insurance is my new 'firm', however, my true firm uni have stated they will give me the offer back if I meet reqs by the 7th of september. If by that time I'm accepted by my insurance and come 'in a legal agreement with them', am I allowed to withdraw from my place and go to my firm instead provided I get accepted by the 7.09?

Yes, that's entirely allowed and normal :smile:
Original post by Lemur14
You're welcome, hope they make a decision quickly :smile:

Yes, that's entirely allowed and normal :smile:

Thank you sm! :smile:
Thank you sm! :smile:

You're welcome :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Lemur14
You're welcome :smile:

I am stucked, I did call the college about the grade issue. But there is another problem about my universities. The thing is, as I said before, my firm choice haven't done any decision, but for my insurance choice, I have my place if the Aston reject me.

What I did, I called the clearing number and asked them if there is any places for the course which is International Business with Modern Languages (French/Spanish). The person said there is not place anymore, so I asked is there any place for the same course but only in french, he told me yes, and suggests me to apply by the website because I am an EU student. So I done it, and few hours later they sent me a mail (which is below the text).

If I understood well by reading the mail, it's maybe possible to get there but I have to decline by myself the offer from them and reapply again for the course ?
The problem is that if I decline it, I will go automaticaly to my insurance choice ...
I don't know what to do ...

Capture d’écran 2020-08-14 à 16.07.36.png
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by frz17
I am stucked, I did call the college about the grade issue. But there is another problem about my universities. The thing is, as I said before, my firm choice haven't done any decision, but for my insurance choice, I have my place if the Aston reject me.

What I did, I called the clearing number and asked them if there is any places for the course which is International Business with Modern Languages (French/Spanish). The person said there is not place anymore, so I asked is there any place for the same course but only in french, he told me yes, and suggests me to apply by the website because I am an EU student. So I done it, and few hours later they sent me a mail (which is below the text).

If I understood well by reading the mail, it's maybe possible to get there but I have to decline by myself the offer from them and reapply again for the course ?
The problem is that if I decline it, I will go automaticaly to my insurance choice ...
I don't know what to do ...

So you can't currently decline your place, because your firm hasn't made a decision. You need to call them up again and tell them you have a pending firm place with them, not that you're looking for a clearing place. You can ask them to consider you for a different course (such as the one you accidentally applied for in clearing), but they need to make a decision on track for you to be able to progress here.
Essentially you need to call them and make it clearer that you have an offer, they just haven't made a decision on track yet :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest