The Student Room Group

Breaking news: All gcse and a level appeals to be free of charge

According to all news sources, Gavin Williamson has written in The Times this evening that all appeals for GCSE and A LEVEL will be free of charge. More to follow.
Reply 1
Original post by Fifty345
According to all news sources, Gavin Williamson has written in The Times this evening that all appeals for GCSE and A LEVEL will be free of charge. More to follow.

Hey! Does anyone know how long does the appeal process take?
For GCSE students can they appeal and then retake in November? I mean if a GCSE student decides to retake, it will not affect his year, I could start the A level course and then sit the exams (eg A levels students who decide to retake are kind of compelled to take a gap year).
How does it work for GCSE?
Good. Now he needs to get rid of Autumn 2020 exam fees. I am not paying a single penny to take exams I am having to take because of a stupid algorithm.
Reply 3
Original post by -Ndg-
For GCSE students can they appeal and then retake in November? I mean if a GCSE student decides to retake, it will not affect his year, I could start the A level course and then sit the exams (eg A levels students who decide to retake are kind of compelled to take a gap year).

Gav Williamson has said that he hopes the appeals process will be done by 7th September
Original post by -Ndg-

Read somewhere that they don't even have a system in place for the appeals yet. I could be wrong though. It could take a little over a month, but we don't know that yet.

Don't know the answer to your second question. Sorry.
Reply 5
Original post by Results2020
Good. Now he needs to get rid of Autumn 2020 exam fees. I am not paying a single penny to take exams I am having to take because of a stupid algorithm.

I have read reports that this might happen as well. HOWEVER, no confirmed reports yet
I have read reports that this might happen as well. HOWEVER, no confirmed reports yet

Can you share the link to the report, please? :smile:
Reply 7
Can you share the link to the report, please? :smile:

CEC9E847-A9FC-415D-9530-F419BF555FA4.png
THIS IS ONLY A REPORT. NOT confirmed
CEC9E847-A9FC-415D-9530-F419BF555FA4.png
THIS IS ONLY A REPORT. NOT confirmed

Thank you :smile: It is only right that they should cover the cost. Good news for us students.
Reply 9
Thank you :smile: It is only right that they should cover the cost. Good news for us students.

I hope they do. And they should do. But, grades should just be overturned and we are given our teacher grades. 😂

Quick Reply

Latest