The Student Room Group

Ex (dumpee) GF accepted my friend request 4-5 months later?

I had pretty much completely given up any hope when I apologised to her and sent her a friend request.

I told her that I’ve never stopped thinking about her and that she’s always been in my heart.

And I left it at that.

4-5 months later and she’s accepted the request.

I just don’t know how to think about it...

Scroll to see replies

she's your ex for a reason.
Reply 2
She probably needed those months to think and get their feelings back together.
Reply 3
Original post by LovelyMrFox
She probably needed those months to think and get their feelings back together.

I think so too... because I sent both at the same time and it said she had read my apology + confession.

She could have ignored it like she might have done for all those months, but then to accept it pretty much out of the blue... I don’t know
Reply 4
Original post by khadijaaaxxxx
she's your ex for a reason.

The reason she’s my ex is because of something I did, and it wasn’t a really good reason at all.
Reply 5
It’s hard not to overthink, especially with her.

Why are you saying that?
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I think so too... because I sent both at the same time and it said she had read my apology + confession.

She could have ignored it like she might have done for all those months, but then to accept it pretty much out of the blue... I don’t know

She may have just wanted closure.
The reason she’s my ex is because of something I did, and it wasn’t a really good reason at all.

what did you do?
Reply 8
Original post by LovelyMrFox
She may have just wanted closure.

Closure by opening a door?
She could just be feeling lonely after the lockdown. Did you cheat?
Original post by YaliaV
She could just be feeling lonely after the lockdown. Did you cheat?

No, I never cheated on her, it’s arguably a lot worse than that. Cheating’s horrible, we can agree, but what I did was extremely cowardly and selfish, but also incredibly stupid.
Reply 11
Closure by opening a door?

Closure wasnt the right word. I meant it more as she doesnt want to leave on bad terms.
Your overthinking this.
No, I never cheated on her, it’s arguably a lot worse than that. Cheating’s horrible, we can agree, but what I did was extremely cowardly and selfish, but also incredibly stupid.

What sort of thing? You don’t have to say obviously.
Maybe she has finally moved on from you and has finally healed, so that's why she accepted the request. I think she is okay with being mates with you, anyways don't overthink it unless she reaches out to you
Original post by YaliaV
What sort of thing? You don’t have to say obviously.

A Jasper, the not-so-friendly ghost.

I genuinely thought it was the best idea for me back then to move on and forget her. I just didn’t think she liked me back... and to hear what she had to say, she probably did, quite a bit.

So I ended up in other relationships, not feeling 100% there. Thinking that I had forgotten about her, but then just being in complete denial.

It’s quite complicated.
Maybe she’s thinking about u too and forgives u or wants to move forward after what happened in your previous relationship. Did she respond to your message ?
Reply 16
Move on.
Reply 17
Doesn’t necessarily mean she wants to get back together could just be that she now ready for friendship or just being acquaintances. Good luck though.
(edited 3 years ago)
Prescribe him some lurve drugs.
I had pretty much completely given up any hope when I apologised to her and sent her a friend request.

I told her that I’ve never stopped thinking about her and that she’s always been in my heart.

And I left it at that.

4-5 months later and she’s accepted the request.

I just don’t know how to think about it...

Normally you think with your mind.
You are overthinking it and have all the factors there to drag it out.

She could be thinking anything and you give me her contact details I will ask her.

She could be bored.
She could feel sorry for you.
She might wnbat attention.
She might wnat to get back together.
She might just want tthe company as long as you stay on messenger.
She might wnat to get married and realises the errors of her ways.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending