The Student Room Group

Furlough should be scrapped immediately

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paul514
To be honest I doubt the debts of major countries will ever be paid back in the form they are currently.

American debt on its own is 20 odd trillion.

I would assume they will default as a group or inflate their way out of it

I don't know much of finance and accounting but, there are many ways it could be paid back.

1. Cut the government spendings.
2. Reform tax

Those are the two well known how government pay back their debts and it takes sometimes ages and sometimes less than 30 years depends on the debt. But if UK keep borrowing the are going to be in a mess up situations which they are almost.

Any step that a government is taking to pay back it's debts, it will most definitely affect it's economic growth.
Original post by iNeed2p
I don't know much of finance and accounting but, there are many ways it could be paid back.

1. Cut the government spendings.
2. Reform tax

Those are the two well known how government pay back their debts and it takes sometimes ages and sometimes less than 30 years depends on the debt. But if UK keep borrowing the are going to be in a mess up situations which they are almost.

Any step that a government is taking to pay back it's debts, it will most definitely affect it's economic growth.

I’m not saying you are wrong but if all the other nations do the same it becomes a different situation.
Original post by paul514
I’m not saying you are wrong but if all the other nations do the same it becomes a different situation.

Yeah, you're right.
Reply 83
Original post by iNeed2p
I was using @monkeybest term you know just to mock him like the way he is mocking the 'welfare gang members'

I know the government borrow but, how they long they're going to keep that? Don't you think they already borrowed too much? You don't think that they might reform UK tax?

I was getting with along with @monkeybest and maybe try to teach him/her that there is no much of difference between 'welfare gang members' and 'furlough gang members'

I agree with you buddy there is no difference between the welfare gang and the furlough gang they are all leeches of the taxpayer. Once furlough ends they will make the smooth transition to the welfare gang and live happily ever after! Go look at tiktok its full of welfare shysters prancing around dancing showing what an easy life they can have at other peoples expense - insane

What furlough has exposed is what a lazy bunch of shysters exist in this country. Stop giving them other peoples cash get them working picking fruit, cleaning hotel rooms or packing in amazon hubs sending out packages to their mates on welfare ordering crap while binge watching netflix!
Reply 84
Original post by monkeybest
I agree with you buddy there is no difference between the welfare gang and the furlough gang they are all leeches of the taxpayer. Once furlough ends they will make the smooth transition to the welfare gang and live happily ever after! Go look at tiktok its full of welfare shysters prancing around dancing showing what an easy life they can have at other peoples expense - insane

What furlough has exposed is what a lazy bunch of shysters exist in this country. Stop giving them other peoples cash get them working picking fruit, cleaning hotel rooms or packing in amazon hubs sending out packages to their mates on welfare ordering crap while binge watching netflix!

Thats democracy for you.

Still dunno why you're complaining. You have had just the same opportunities as them yet youve made bad life choices. Take responsibility for your actions.

I see your point. And i do see those people you're talking about everyday. It's like they don't have goal to go after. I hope the government cut those people out from benefits so that they can help themselves out. Otherwise they're going into poverty very deeply that it is hard to come back from it anytime soon. Pitying is the least i can do for those group people.

Feel free to go and live in India where there is no money for shysters and leaches and consequently there are tens of thousands of people subsisting on begging, living on the street including orphans.

Except we don't have that. I guess you could call it progress but hey, if you wanna go live in a cave where the lazy simply died, go for it!
Original post by ByEeek
Feel free to go and live in India where there is no money for shysters and leaches and consequently there are tens of thousands of people subsisting on begging, living on the street including orphans.

Except we don't have that. I guess you could call it progress but hey, if you wanna go live in a cave where the lazy simply died, go for it!

There is a reason India is considered 'a third world country' while UK is considered 'First world country'
Original post by iNeed2p
There is a reason India is considered 'a third world country' while UK is considered 'First world country'

Yes we have things like welfare systems
Reply 89
Original post by ByEeek

On the flip side we have created society here where you are better off not working and the Gov actively encourages you to do f all. Essentially the workshy rich have the hardest of choices of which tattoo to get, which netflix series to binge watch or which tiktok dance to prat about doing.

That isnt progress this country will soon be 3rd world once the taxpayers realise they are getting conned by funding the millions of rich workshy monkeys to have a better lifestyle than them
Reply 90
On the flip side we have created society here where you are better off not working and the Gov actively encourages you to do f all. Essentially the workshy rich have the hardest of choices of which tattoo to get, which netflix series to binge watch or which tiktok dance to prat about doing.

That isnt progress this country will soon be 3rd world once the taxpayers realise they are getting conned by funding the millions of rich workshy monkeys to have a better lifestyle than them

Why arent you pleased you dont work?
On the flip side we have created society here where you are better off not working

Could you please provide evidence to back up this often mooted sensational claim by the tabloid press.

Just for your info, my sister-in-law, falling on hard times with two kids gets £1k a month to pay rent, bills, the lot! Please do some sums and then explain how she would have money left over to pay for Netflix?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 92
Original post by ByEeek
Could you please provide evidence to back up this often mooted sensational claim by the tabloid press.

Just for your info, my sister-in-law, falling on hard times with two kids gets £1k a month to pay rent, bills, the lot! Please do some sums and then explain how she would have money left over to pay for Netflix?

Rent - £600
Food - £150
Gas/lecy - £80
Mobile - £45
Water - £35
Broadband - £25
TV licence - £15
Netflix - £15
Misc (clothes etc) - £35

Also that poster is a massive troll, taking them seriously isn't so wise.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Quady
Rent - £600
Food - £150
Gas/lecy - £80
Mobile - £45
Water - £35
Broadband - £25
TV licence - £15
Netflix - £15
Misc (clothes etc) - £35

Also that poster is a massive troll, taking them seriously isn't so wise.

Your a bit light on food. About £70 - £80 a week for a family of 4 and that is budgetting really carefully. Also, kids clothes cost way more than that. Secondary school uniform comes in at around £150 per child and that doesn't include casual clothes or shoes and certainly doesn't include clothes for the adults of the house.

And where are you renting? In Manchester where we live, you'd be hard pushed to find a two bed for £600 a month.

Sorry.

But isn't it amazing that you suggest those on benefits are frittering away tax payers money on Netflix when compared to other things, it is so cheap. Surely netflix is better than booze or **** no?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 94
Original post by ByEeek
Your a bit light on food. About £70 - £80 a week for a family of 4 and that is budgetting really carefully. Also, kids clothes cost way more than that. Secondary school uniform comes in at around £150 per child and that doesn't include casual clothes or shoes and certainly doesn't include clothes for the adults of the house.

And where are you renting? In Manchester where we live, you'd be hard pushed to find a two bed for £600 a month.

Sorry.

Lorna Cooper's 'feed your family for £20 a week' might be good to get from the library then?

Secondary uniforms might cost that new, but not second hand. I guess not all schools have this, but the state seconday I went to has a means to apply for financial assistance for school uniforms.
https://www.hinchingbrookeschool.net/attachments/download.asp?file=1777&type=xlsx

Well this two bed place which seems pretty well located (Eccles) is £575
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-95901365.html
There was stuff below £550 but looked scummy. I live in Glasgow. This is in my rightmove search area at £595.
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-72458091.html

What are you sorry about?
Original post by Quady
Lorna Cooper's 'feed your family for £20 a week' might be good to get from the library then?

Secondary uniforms might cost that new, but not second hand. I guess not all schools have this, but the state seconday I went to has a means to apply for financial assistance for school uniforms.
https://www.hinchingbrookeschool.net/attachments/download.asp?file=1777&type=xlsx

Well this two bed place which seems pretty well located (Eccles) is £575
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-95901365.html
There was stuff below £550 but looked scummy. I live in Glasgow. This is in my rightmove search area at £595.
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-72458091.html

What are you sorry about?

I just find you very disingenuous. You seem quite hapoy to argue the toss without taking into account what it is actually like to be on benefits. It really isn't the panecia you make out.

Btw Where do you get 700 quid from to pay the deposite on the lovely flat you posted? Oh and the garentor and proif of earnings? Plus the agency fee and searches fee?
Reply 96
Original post by ByEeek
I just find you very disingenuous. You seem quite hapoy to argue the toss without taking into account what it is actually like to be on benefits. It really isn't the panecia you make out.

Btw Where do you get 700 quid from to pay the deposite on the lovely flat you posted? Oh and the garentor and proif of earnings? Plus the agency fee and searches fee?

Where have I made out its a panecea? Surely I've just pointed out a budget with a mythical Netfix ultra premium account that is 25% more expensive than their current top tier package is affordable.

If I'm being disingenuous then so are you.

Fees on renters have been made illegal since June in England and have been for years in Scotland.
https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/private_renting/letting_agent_fees_for_tenants

For the deposit I guess that depends on whether the council runs a bond or rent guarantee scheme. If not then the pawnbroker is the traditional place to go.
Reply 97
Original post by ByEeek

Sorry.

But isn't it amazing that you suggest those on benefits are frittering away tax payers money on Netflix when compared to other things, it is so cheap. Surely netflix is better than booze or **** no?

Getting 1k tax free is much better off than those that actually work ffs. Hows about giving you 0k tax free and being told to get a job rather than sitting on your butt 24/7 where the biggest decision to make is which sky channel to watch?

Yes food costs if you want to spend 30 quid every night on a takeaway but the welfare gang seem to manage that very easily. Go on tiktok you can see the welfare gang living very comfortably pratting about doing dances 24/7 working folk dont have time they are too busy funding your idleness!
Getting 1k tax free is much better off than those that actually work ffs. Hows about giving you 0k tax free and being told to get a job rather than sitting on your butt 24/7 where the biggest decision to make is which sky channel to watch?

Yes food costs if you want to spend 30 quid every night on a takeaway but the welfare gang seem to manage that very easily. Go on tiktok you can see the welfare gang living very comfortably pratting about doing dances 24/7 working folk dont have time they are too busy funding your idleness!

Ha! When you are pretty qualified getting a job in a recession / pandemic isn't that easy. No one will hive you a minimum wage job because they know you will be looking for something better. And you are in this horrendous situation where both can't work because you can't afford to put the kids in nursery.

The example I have given could be you. Between them the couple in this situation were earning £80k+ but both lost their jobs due to covid. They will probably loose their house and due to age will never be able to buy again.

And yet arrogant people like you want to kick them in the teeth for daring to need some help. They are an example of what could happen to you.
Reply 99
Original post by ByEeek
Ha! When you are pretty qualified getting a job in a recession / pandemic isn't that easy. No one will hive you a minimum wage job because they know you will be looking for something better. And you are in this horrendous situation where both can't work because you can't afford to put the kids in nursery.

The example I have given could be you. Between them the couple in this situation were earning £80k+ but both lost their jobs due to covid. They will probably loose their house and due to age will never be able to buy again.

And yet arrogant people like you want to kick them in the teeth for daring to need some help. They are an example of what could happen to you.

So down play ones qualifications?

Surely one can work and the other parent the children? Or work from home as many well qualified people are doing.

Given their age they will have substantial amounts of capital in the house then.

Again, I think you're mistaking their trolling for something of higher value.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending