The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Is Sussex Uni good

I’ve been given a place through clearing to do Law (with foundation year) at Sussex. It looked really good but then I went on the student room and found a load of negative reviews! This is obviously concerning, can anyone who goes there give me their honest opinions??
Original post by Illowarc.h
I’ve been given a place through clearing to do Law (with foundation year) at Sussex. It looked really good but then I went on the student room and found a load of negative reviews! This is obviously concerning, can anyone who goes there give me their honest opinions??

Hello, as a current Sussex university student, I would say that the university has definitely met and indeed exceeded my initial expectations. My subject is medical neuroscience, and I have just finished my 3rd Year, which involved study abroad. I have 2 years left at Sussex, including a Master's Year, which I definitely look forward to. Academically-speaking, I feel I have really developed my academic skills and have built my knowledge of neuroscience, including how the subject is applicable to everyday life. I also had a chance to significantly improve my job prospects, not only by working towards a degree qualification, but by working on campus for variety of university departments. I can honestly say that Sussex University really looks out for their students, and as someone who is care-experience and needs a bit more of financial, emotional and career-support, I can say that Sussex is definitely doing its job. Let me know if you have any specific questions - I will be more than happy to share my personal experiences, and my thoughts :smile:

Kasia (4th Year Sussex University Student; Medical Neuroscience MSCI with a Year Abroad)
(edited 3 years ago)
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
I left Sussex for a few reasons after my first year, but I do know people who really enjoyed it! I also think that Sussex does foundation years quite well, and many other unis don't offer this. I didn't study Law, but I know people who did and seemed to enjoy it. Also, strikes were a massive issue last year, but hopefully, with the corona situation, there shouldn't be any this year.

If you have any specific questions lmk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending