The Student Room Group

Clearing uni still calls me

I applied to two different unis in clearing. I decided to go with the one i wanted to as I did some research into it and its more suited for me. So i put the course for my clearing choice. But because i havent put the other uni for my clearing choice, they keep calling me everyday in the morning saying that if i want to accept the offer i need to go to track. I've told them ive already filled my clearing choice on track but they still keep calling. Surely they can see that i have? Do i just send them a email saying i want to reject their offer as the uni i want to go to has accepted my clearing offer now?
Do you currently have an unconditional firm from the uni you WANT to go to that you have accepted (would say something like 'your place at *uni* is confirmed'? If you do, they should have seen that you've accepted another offer.
Next time they call, I would say you should specify you accepted an offer from another university, and you no longer need a clearing place from them. If they call again after that, email them. If they continue to call even after you've told them by phone and email and you're SURE you've accepted an UNCONDITIONAL FIRM PLACE, block the number if you can.
Original post by remussjhj01
Do you currently have an unconditional firm from the uni you WANT to go to that you have accepted (would say something like 'your place at *uni* is confirmed'? If you do, they should have seen that you've accepted another offer.
Next time they call, I would say you should specify you accepted an offer from another university, and you no longer need a clearing place from them. If they call again after that, email them. If they continue to call even after you've told them by phone and email and you're SURE you've accepted an UNCONDITIONAL FIRM PLACE, block the number if you can.

Thanks for your help, Yeah it says 'your place at *uni* is confirmed. It has the decline your place button but it does not say unconditional firm yet. Yeah i was going to block the number but they ring on private lol.
Original post by dj_ad_1
Thanks for your help, Yeah it says 'your place at *uni* is confirmed. It has the decline your place button but it does not say unconditional firm yet. Yeah i was going to block the number but they ring on private lol.

It might be that your firm is still conditional? Be very firm next time they call that you won't be accepting their offer, and perhaps explicitly ask them to stop calling you? Don't be rude about it.
Original post by dj_ad_1

Tell them that you want them to remove your phone number from their call list. And that if they call you again that you will report them to the Information Commissioner for breaking GDPR law and to UCAS for harassing an applicant who is placed elsewhere.

If you have the “decline my place” button then you’re confirmed (unconditional firm) at your clearing choice.
Original post by PQ
Tell them that you want them to remove your phone number from their call list. And that if they call you again that you will report them to the Information Commissioner for breaking GDPR law and to UCAS for harassing an applicant who is placed elsewhere.

If you have the “decline my place” button then you’re confirmed (unconditional firm) at your clearing choice.

Ohh ok thanks they havent called me today not as of yet but yeah thanks for your advice
Yeah i have that button but will it not say 'unconditional firm'?
Original post by dj_ad_1
Ohh ok thanks they havent called me today not as of yet but yeah thanks for your advice
Yeah i have that button but will it not say 'unconditional firm'?

UCAS decided a few years ago that unconditional firm was too confusing for applicants:wink:
Original post by PQ
UCAS decided a few years ago that unconditional firm was too confusing for applicants:wink:

Ahh i see i thought it wouldve been because people are still waiting for appeals for their grades and unis this yr are being flexible about it so unis will only make it unconditional firm at the start of sep
Original post by dj_ad_1
Ahh i see i thought it wouldve been because people are still waiting for appeals for their grades and unis this yr are being flexible about it so unis will only make it unconditional firm at the start of sep

The decline my choice button is linked to unconditional firm status. You’re in

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending