The Student Room Group

Moving during pandemic

I’m supposed to be moving into my accommodation in October but I’m not sure I’m ready, it’s coming around too quickly. I love the job I have right now but I do want to move. It’s 3 hours away and very expensive (obviously), and I would realistically only be in one day a week. However due to the pandemic you can delay when you move in, but will that diminish my uni experience and make it harder once I move?
Reply 1
Original post by Lyonskate
I’m supposed to be moving into my accommodation in October but I’m not sure I’m ready, it’s coming around too quickly. I love the job I have right now but I do want to move. It’s 3 hours away and very expensive (obviously), and I would realistically only be in one day a week. However due to the pandemic you can delay when you move in, but will that diminish my uni experience and make it harder once I move?

Hi, I know what you mean! This summer has flown by and everything is happening too fast!! I found when I left my job that I only remembered the good parts about it! I don't think living in accomodation would make a difference to your uni experience but if you had to commute for 3 hours just for uni, you may miss out on the after uni socials and going out with new friends etc.. a job is usually around for whenever you need it but going to university is probably a once in a lifetime thing! Try not to worry about it and just take each day at a time! Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by Abzzz57
Hi, I know what you mean! This summer has flown by and everything is happening too fast!! I found when I left my job that I only remembered the good parts about it! I don't think living in accomodation would make a difference to your uni experience but if you had to commute for 3 hours just for uni, you may miss out on the after uni socials and going out with new friends etc.. a job is usually around for whenever you need it but going to university is probably a once in a lifetime thing! Try not to worry about it and just take each day at a time! Good luck!

Very True!! I’m definitely moving now and looking forward to it mostly! Thank you and Good luck with everything too!!!
Reply 3
Original post by Lyonskate
Very True!! I’m definitely moving now and looking forward to it mostly! Thank you and Good luck with everything too!!!

Yay! I'm sure others in your class or accomodation will be feeling the exact same! Hope you enjoy it! And thank you :h:

Quick Reply

Latest