The Student Room Group

A-level appeal

I got B in final results and mock exam, I can't appeal based on "triple lock" because what I got is same as my mock result. But ofqual just announced that they are taking "non-exam assessment" and their definition of "valid mock assessment" , so anyone thinks that it is possible to appeal if my RS mock was graded using actual exam boundaries? My teachers marked it using a mark scheme but the boundaries they used are stricter than the exam boundaries used last year. If it was graded using the exam boundaries, my mock grade would be an A. I'm not sure if it will work because my school told that appealing based on my mock results is the maximum they can do, but it's before the latest announcement on 15th.
Original post by dontknowwhoiam
I got B in final results and mock exam, I can't appeal based on "triple lock" because what I got is same as my mock result. But ofqual just announced that they are taking "non-exam assessment" and their definition of "valid mock assessment" , so anyone thinks that it is possible to appeal if my RS mock was graded using actual exam boundaries? My teachers marked it using a mark scheme but the boundaries they used are stricter than the exam boundaries used last year. If it was graded using the exam boundaries, my mock grade would be an A. I'm not sure if it will work because my school told that appealing based on my mock results is the maximum they can do, but it's before the latest announcement on 15th.

We don't yet know unfortunately :frown: It may be that when the guidance is released again you are able to appeal (either by changing the grade boundaries on your previously graded mock, or by some other means), but we'll have to wait until then to find out.

Quick Reply

Latest