The Student Room Group

Good universities for law???!!!

I’m currently in year 12 and due to lockdown I have been unable to attend open days for university etc. Of course, there are virtual options that I have tried but it’s still hard to get a feel of the place. I wanted to ask for any recommendations? I have been researching random universities from: Lancaster, Newcastle, Warwick, Leeds, Liverpool, Nottingham Trent, Keele etc

I’m terms of predicted grades they are around AAA or AAB at the least with a A in EPQ also.
(edited 3 years ago)
Kings is a very good uni for Law, Oxbridge, Manchester and a lot of the unis you mentioned are very good!
Depends what kinds of grades we’re looking at
Original post by ellelouiseodonn
I’m currently in year 12 and due to lockdown I have been unable to attend open days for university etc. Of course, there are virtual options that I have tried but it’s still hard to get a feel of the place. I wanted to ask for any recommendations? I have been researching random universities from: Lancaster, Newcastle, Warwick, Leeds, Liverpool, Nottingham Trent, Keele etc

Yes it very much depends on what you feel your predicted grades will be?
Reply 4
You’ve picked a whole range there ones you’ve mentioned like Warwick and Leeds are pretty competitive to get into, Nottingham Trent perhaps less so.

Like others have said, it’s very much grade dependant. If you’re looking at A*AA, then Warwick, London ones, Oxbridge, Bristol etc are worth eyeing up, while if you’re going with CCC, you’ll need to look on the lower end of the spectrum.
Original post by Euphoria101
Depends what kinds of grades we’re looking at

I have only received one UCAS predicted grade which was an A in English. So my predicted grades should be around AAA-AAB with also a A in Epq
I have only received one UCAS predicted grade which was an A in English. So my predicted grades should be around AAA-AAB with also a A in Epq

So in that case you should probably Firm an AAA uni and Insure an AAB uni.

Most people in your position wouldn't Insure anything below AAB as AAB unis might actually accept ABB (especially ones that take the EPQ into account) and even if they don't, there is always Clearing as a safety net.

But it depends on how confdent you feel nearer the time about achieving AAA or AAB as you can apply to a range of unis and make your final choices in Spring 2021

In that case unis like Sheffield, Nottingham, Warwick, maybe QMUL if you’re AAA, Southampton, Exeter, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Lancaster, Kent and Leicester would be good options.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending