The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Course(s) you're applying for at LSE - Law
Other universities you're applying for - University of Cambridge, King's College London, University of Nottingham, UCL
GCSE grades - 9999988777
Predicted A-level grades & subjects- Spanish, French and History - I will receive predicted grades in September
Home country - England
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
I’m torn between applying for UCL or LSE - I don’t want more than one as I’m not confident I’ll get in.

Course(s) you're applying for at LSE: Law
Other universities you're applying for: (UCL/LSE), Oxford, Warwick, Leeds, Bristol
GCSE grades: 999999888D*
Predicted A-level grades & subjects: English Lit, History, Law, EPQ - no predicted grades as of yet but hoping for all A*s and A in English
Home country: England

I just want to ask OP - I have heard a lot of horror stories about the environment at LSE - they don’t have great student satisfaction scores and apparently professors are very unhelpful, rude and seem generally disinterested in helping their students. What has been your experience?

Do you also have any recommendations for accommodation? Preferably not on the expensive side of things and with a good community feel.
Original post by LeapingLucy
Hello and welcome to the official LSE undergraduate applicants thread for the 2020-21 academic year!

If you're thinking of applying to LSE this autumn, then introduce yourself! Reply with...

Course(s) you're applying for at LSE
Other universities you're applying for
GCSE grades
Predicted A-level grades & subjects
Home country

I'm Lucy, and I'm the forum helper for the LSE subsection on TSR - I'm just coming to the end of my third and final year at LSE studying Politics and History, so if you have any questions about applying to LSE, my course, or the university in general, feel free to ask. Just please don't ask me what your chances are of getting in, as I simply don't know.

Hello!!
Course(s) you're applying for at LSE Actuarial Science
Other universities you're applying for QMUL, Manchester, Southampton
GCSE grades (I don’t take GCSE but I take SPM-equivalent ti GCSE in my home country) 7A+3A
Predicted A-level grades & subjects Further Maths A, Economics A, Chemistry A* (received a level grade for maths already at A)
Home country Malaysia

Hello!!! I just want to ask do you think I need to resit my maths paper because although I passed the requirement already, I heard that LSE prefer an A*... I don’t know if that’s tru tho... After all summer AS grade is not even an exam and I don’t like that... Can you please help me... Thank You
Reply 23
Hello and welcome to the official LSE undergraduate applicants thread for the 2020-21 academic year!

If you're thinking of applying to LSE this autumn, then introduce yourself! Reply with...

GCSE grades
Home country

I'm Lucy, and I'm the forum helper for the LSE subsection on TSR - I'm just coming to the end of my third and final year at LSE studying Politics and History, so if you have any questions about applying to LSE, my course, or the university in general, feel free to ask. Just please don't ask me what your chances are of getting in, as I simply don't know.

Course(s) BSc International Social and Public Policy and Economics
Other universities you're applying for University of Warwick, university of bristol, kings college london, UCL,
GCSE grades I did 6 subjects, AAAABB
Predicted A-level grades & subjects i finished my A-levels i got A*AA in econ,math,business.
In my AS levels i got AABC in economics,math,business and english
Home country I am an Indian but i have lived and studied in dubai
Reply 24
Just to check, is Maths one of your A* predictions?

hi, sorry for the confusion. Yes, Maths is one of my A* predictions :smile:
Reply 25

GCSE grades
Home country

Other universities you're applying for University of Warwick, university of bristol, kings college london, UCL,
Predicted A-level grades & subjects i finished my A-levels i got A*AA in econ,math,business.

does doing economics and business look bad on my application? because i heard that business is non-preferred subject
Original post by adiiti

does doing economics and business look bad on my application? because i heard that business is non-preferred subject

LSE has a list of preferred subjects on their website and it also includes subject specific preferences if you want to take a look at that. But even if business is non preferred you still have 2 preferred subjects as they definitely like economics and maths so you’ll be fine!
Original post by adiiti

The problem is that LSE views Economics and Business as ‘overlapping’ A-levels - in other words, they’re not sufficiently different to count as two separate A-levels.

LSE states on its Application FAQ page that applicants with 3 A-levels including Econ and Business will be at a disadvantage in the application process.

https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Undergraduate/Prospective-Students/How-to-Apply/Admissions-Information
Original post by Yuno2212
Hello!!
Course(s) you're applying for at LSE Actuarial Science
Other universities you're applying for QMUL, Manchester, Southampton
GCSE grades (I don’t take GCSE but I take SPM-equivalent ti GCSE in my home country) 7A+3A
Predicted A-level grades & subjects Further Maths A, Economics A, Chemistry A* (received a level grade for maths already at A)
Home country Malaysia

Hello!!! I just want to ask do you think I need to resit my maths paper because although I passed the requirement already, I heard that LSE prefer an A*... I don’t know if that’s tru tho... After all summer AS grade is not even an exam and I don’t like that... Can you please help me... Thank You

I have no idea, sorry. You could always email the LSE admissions department and ask, but they may or may not be able to give you a definitive answer.
Course(s) you're applying for at LSE - Accounting and finance
Other universities you're applying for - Warwick, KCL,queen mary, not sure about fifth
GCSE grades - 9999999999
Predicted A-level grades & subjects - Maths, chem and computer science - A*A A* respectively
Home country - England
Scottish applicant here haha

Course(s) you're applying for at LSE: International Social and Public Policy and Economics
Other universities you're applying for: Cambridge, Edinburgh, St Andrews and Glasgow
Highers: 9 A's
Home country: Scotland

How is everyone getting on with their personal statements?
(edited 3 years ago)
Course(s) you're applying for at LSE: BSc Mathematics, Statistics and Business and/or BSc Data Science, btw if anyone has any idea what data science is about do hmu
Other universities you're applying for: UCL, Queen Mary (insurance), possibly Oxbridge and Imperial but I really don't think I'll go
GCSE grades: 4A* 1B
Predicted A-level grades & subjects: 3A* (Maths, Further Maths and Chemistry, but I only really got good marks in AS Chemistry cuz predictions, so I won't actually get that A*)
Home country: Let's just say it's an inferior country unlike the UK

Also talk to me if you know how the LSE BSc Mathematics, Statistics and Business compares to UCL Statistics BSc
Original post by scottishnerd

Course(s) you're applying for at LSE: International Social and Public Policy and Economics
Other universities you're applying for: Cambridge, Edinburgh, St Andrews and Glasgow
GCSE grades: 10 A's (National 5)
Predicted Grades: 5A's at Advanced higher (+ 1A in a higher I'm doing this year)

Literally haven't even started.

GCSE grades: 10 A's (National 5)
Predicted Grades: 5A's at Advanced higher (+ 1A in a higher I'm doing this year)

I have JUST finished mine...
Original post by CJStevens
I have JUST finished mine...

Ooh nice! (Also a bit off topic I know but what colleges are you considering for cam?)
Ooh nice! (Also a bit off topic I know but what colleges are you considering for cam?)

I'm set on Christ's! What about you?
Original post by CJStevens
I'm set on Christ's! What about you?

Christ's, Clare or Queens :smile:
Extra curriculars? work experience?
Original post by JJohn456
Course(s) you're applying for at LSE - Accounting and finance
Other universities you're applying for - Warwick, KCL,queen mary, not sure about fifth
GCSE grades - 9999999999
Predicted A-level grades & subjects - Maths, chem and computer science - A*A A* respectively
Home country - England

I'm applying for the same course for entry 2022! What extra-curriculas/ extra reading or work experience do you have?
Course(s) you're applying for at LSE: BSc Economics
Other universities you're applying for: UCL (Offer), Warwick, Bath (Offer), Nottingham (Offer)
GCSE grades: 9999888888 and B in Further Maths
Predicted A-level grades & subjects: Maths, Economics, Spanish (A*AA)
Home country: UK
(edited 3 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending