The Student Room Group

Practical driving

When will you think new people will be able to book driving tests??
Reply 1
Original post by Zjsjjs
When will you think new people will be able to book driving tests??

Many months.
Original post by TheDE
Many months.

Is it that bad now. I've noticed critical workers can't even book tests any more on the emergency route, which suggest the back-log is horrendous and the DVSA are trying to limit the added tests?

I was kind of hoping to get it done before I moved in the next few months but that looks impossible now?
Reply 3
Original post by drivingstress
Is it that bad now. I've noticed critical workers can't even book tests any more on the emergency route, which suggest the back-log is horrendous and the DVSA are trying to limit the added tests?

I was kind of hoping to get it done before I moved in the next few months but that looks impossible now?

Yup
Reply 4
Would be lucky to test this side of bonfire night. Perhaps New Year...?
Reply 5
Original post by TheDE
Many months.

nope! you can actually book right now through this link
https://driverpracticaltest.dvsa.gov.uk/application
Reply 6
Original post by voltized
nope! you can actually book right now through this link
https://driverpracticaltest.dvsa.gov.uk/application

Scam
Reply 7
? it's a gov.uk link lmao
Reply 8
? it's a gov.uk link lmao

How come it says u cant book driving tests then on the real gov website
Reply 9
Original post by Zjsjjs
How come it says u cant book driving tests then on the real gov website

It's just bypassing it, you cannot book a new test.
Reply 10
Original post by TheDE
It's just bypassing it, you cannot book a new test.

it's not bypassing anything, it's up and running for a reason
Reply 11
it's not bypassing anything, it's up and running for a reason

No it is not, it’s just the page you used to be able to book tests on. It won’t work.

We are NOT ACCEPTING NEW BOOKINGS. NONE! NOT ONE! Any page or service that offers one will fail. Just being able to access the booking website does NOT mean you can make a valid booking.

And before you comment I work for the DVSA, so yes in this rare and unusual situation I do actually know more about something than you.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by TheDE
No it is not, it’s just the page you used to be able to book tests on. It won’t work.

We are NOT ACCEPTING NEW BOOKINGS. NONE! NOT ONE! Any page or service that offers one will fail. Just being able to access the booking website does NOT mean you can make a valid booking.

And before you comment I work for the DVSA, so yes in this rare and unusual situation I do actually know more about something than you.

So will it not take the money and i thought it was a scam
Reply 13
Original post by Zjsjjs
So will it not take the money and i thought it was a scam

I will seek clarification about that tomorrow but I suspect it won't allow you to book, and if it did it would be refunded immediately
Reply 14
Original post by TheDE
I will seek clarification about that tomorrow but I suspect it won't allow you to book, and if it did it would be refunded immediately

and that's why my friend that booked a test on it that never had a test before lockdown or never applied for a critical worker test took it and passed? alright
Reply 15
and that's why my friend that booked a test on it that never had a test before lockdown or never applied for a critical worker test took it and passed? alright

I expect your 'friend' doesn't exist, you cannot use it to book.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending