The Student Room Group

Best way to transfer

Hi,
I have an offer from Salford for civil with foundation. My firm was Manchester.
What if I join the Salford course now and then apply next year with improved grades to Manchester for the normal route ( without foundation). Is it possible?
Or should I try to take a transfer without applying through Ucas.
Which is the best option.
Need advice please
Original post by Nadiaziz
Hi,
What if I join the Salford course now and then apply next year with improved grades to Manchester for the normal route ( without foundation). Is it possible?
Need advice please

you need to ask manchester directly.
Hi,
Need advice please

All transfers go through UCAS. There’s no back door.

Are you planning to sit your A levels at the same time as taking the foundation year at Salford? I would strongly recommend that you don’t attempt this. I have NEVER seen it work successfully - students always end up neglecting one or both priorities.
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
All transfers go through UCAS. There’s no back door.

Are you planning to sit your A levels at the same time as taking the foundation year at Salford? I would strongly recommend that you don’t attempt this. I have NEVER seen it work successfully - students always end up neglecting one or both priorities.

Thankyou for your reply. But I didn’t get this to be honest. I have only one offer which is foundation at Salford. What if I join Salford improve my a levels in autumn exam and then ask for transfer into Manchester uni.
My seat at Salford will not go anywhere.
Reply 4
Thankyou for your reply. But I didn’t get this to be honest. I have only one offer which is foundation at Salford. What if I join Salford improve my a levels in autumn exam and then ask for transfer into Manchester uni.

Also what if I do HNC and then ask for transfer next year into year 1 instead of year 2( HNC is equivalent to year 1). Do they still ask for same A level entry requirements?

Please don’t start a degree at Salford and attempt A level exams at the same time.

It is setting yourself up to fail. Just take your A level exams, take a gap year and reapply for 2021 entry at the universities you want to go to. You’ll have the backup option to sit exams again in June if the October sitting doesn’t go to plan and you won’t be splitting your focus and setting yourself up to fail.

I have seen top A level students crash and burn attempting to do both a degree and resits. It doesn’t work and is not a viable option.
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
Please don’t start a degree at Salford and attempt A level exams at the same time.

It is setting yourself up to fail. Just take your A level exams, take a gap year and reapply for 2021 entry at the universities you want to go to. You’ll have the backup option to sit exams again in June if the October sitting doesn’t go to plan and you won’t be splitting your focus and setting yourself up to fail.

I have seen top A level students crash and burn attempting to do both a degree and resits. It doesn’t work and is not a viable option.

Do you think that starting at foundation will put the same stress.? Won’t it be supporting my a levels preparation?
Do you think that starting at foundation will put the same stress.? Won’t it be supporting my a levels preparation?

It’s a bad idea and will make it difficult to succeed in either course.
Reply 8

Thankyou so much for replying to my queries. Can u please advise if HNC route is more practical for transfer. The entry criteria for Manchester university is BTEC level three and grade A in A level in maths. So if I enroll for HNC level four then would I still have to meet the criteria for A level maths.?
Thankyou so much for replying to my queries. Can u please advise if HNC route is more practical for transfer. The entry criteria for Manchester university is BTEC level three and grade A in A level in maths. So if I enroll for HNC level four then would I still have to meet the criteria for A level maths.?

You need to ask Manchester this question
Reply 10
Original post by PQ

Right, thanks a lot. Much appreciated:smile:
Reply 11
Original post by PQ

Hi there,
Is it worth taking autumn exam or it’s better to sit in summer to have the best possible outcome. Is there any benefit in terms of UCAS application next year if I sit the autumn exam instead of summer?
Hi there,
Is it worth taking autumn exam or it’s better to sit in summer to have the best possible outcome. Is there any benefit in terms of UCAS application next year if I sit the autumn exam instead of summer?

Some universities for some courses will consider summer exams as resits.
Reply 13
Original post by PQ
Some universities for some courses will consider summer exams as resits.

Reply 14
Hi there,
I have realised that my centre assessed were wrong bcz of some administrative error from my college. I have appealed to my college today. Also I had accepted my insurance offer as I told that I had five days to accept my offer from my insurance uni.Will I still be getting offer from my firm uni after change of grade. What should I do in this situation?
Hi there,
I have realised that my centre assessed were wrong bcz of some administrative error from my college. I have appealed to my college today. Also I had accepted my insurance offer as I told that I had five days to accept my offer from my insurance uni.Will I still be getting offer from my firm uni after change of grade. What should I do in this situation?

You need to speak to Manchester to ask if they’re likely to be able to accept you for this year if your appeal is successful. If it isn’t possible then ask if they will guarantee an offer with the same conditions for 2021.

This is all at the discretion of Manchester.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending