The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

I really need help: Royal Holloway or QMUL for English?

Is Royal Holloway or Queen Mary University of London better to study English? It would be really beneficial to hear others' opinions because for me they are very similar and there is only slight difference within the course. The only stark difference is that QMUL is a Russel Group university. Thank you in advance.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Is Royal Holloway or Queen Mary University of London better to study English? It would be really beneficial to hear others' opinions because for me they are very similar and there is only slight difference within the course. The only stark difference is that QMUL is a Russel Group university. Thank you in advance.

Hey mate, don't know if you've made your option and decision yet. But I'd go with Royal Holloway since they are ranked really well in humanities, performing arts and similar. QMUL is a better option for something technical.

Even though Royal Holloway isn't Russel Group, it is part of the University of London which is universally recognised and also prestigious too.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Mrdesi
Hey mate, don't know if you've made your option and decision yet. But I'd go with Royal Holloway since they are ranked really well in humanities, performing arts and similar. QMUL is a better option for something technical.

Even though Royal Holloway isn't Russel Group, it is part of the University of London which is universally recognised and also prestigious too.

Thank you!! I'm a 2021 entry so I haven't made my decision yet. Are you studying at Royal Holloway or QMUL? Because it will be nice to hear from those who study there, especially if they are studying English. Thank you again!
Reply 3
Thank you!! I'm a 2021 entry so I haven't made my decision yet. Are you studying at Royal Holloway or QMUL? Because it will be nice to hear from those who study there, especially if they are studying English. Thank you again!

I'm enrolled for 2020 Entry at Royal Holloway! I can't wait. I've been active in the social media groups, getting to know everybody and what course everybody is on.

I'll say this now and that is this year is the most ****ed up year where students are going to get offers from universities like Holloway for getting grades like C's and D's. I don't think any other year will be like this.
Reply 4

Hello !! I'm applying for a 2021 entryyy too !! I'm going for Classics but still i'm in humanities :smile: nice to meet you .
Original post by Mrdesi
I'm enrolled for 2020 Entry at Royal Holloway! I can't wait. I've been active in the social media groups, getting to know everybody and what course everybody is on.

I'll say this now and that is this year is the most ****ed up year where students are going to get offers from universities like Holloway for getting grades like C's and D's. I don't think any other year will be like this.

Good luck for your first year at uni! :smile: That's nice you are getting to know everybody. I hope you have an amazing time! If you don't mind me asking, what subject will you be studying?

Yes, things have been so weird and I'm so confused ahaha.
Original post by Sabrina(:
Hello !! I'm applying for a 2021 entryyy too !! I'm going for Classics but still i'm in humanities :smile: nice to meet you .

Heyy! It's so nice to meet you as well :smile: What other universities are you thinking of applying to? I hope everything is going well for you!
Reply 7
Original post by livelyrao
Good luck for your first year at uni! :smile: That's nice you are getting to know everybody. I hope you have an amazing time! If you don't mind me asking, what subject will you be studying?

Yes, things have been so weird and I'm so confused ahaha.

I'll be studying Computer Science with a Foundation Year
What social media groups for our year? Can you link them or what are they?
Reply 9
Heyy! It's so nice to meet you as well :smile: What other universities are you thinking of applying to? I hope everything is going well for you!

To be honest i only want to apply to Royal Holloway but i'll put as options also , St. John's College and i'm thinking Bristol university but i don't know much about it . I'll have to look into it . Nice to meet you tooo , so what is your name ? Liv ? :smile:)
Reply 10
Original post by Student2204
What social media groups for our year? Can you link them or what are they?

That's is a good idea . A what's up group for 2021 students??
Reply 11

University of Manchester :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending