The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

University College London Applicants' Thread 2021

I can't seem to find a thread for 2021 applicants for UCL so decided to make one.

1. What course are you applying for?
2. What subjects are doing currently and what are your predicted grades for them?
3. What were your GCSE grades?
4. What other universities are thinking of applying to?
5. What extra curricular activities do you do?

Offer Tracker

Mod note: The forms and documents in this thread are not managed or operated by The Student Room, and are set up by members of the community. Please do take this into account when entering your details into this form. All data you share is at your own risk. If you have any questions, please come and talk to us in Ask The Community Staff.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/help/staying-safe-on-the-student-room

When you have received a decision, fill out this Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfW1tpp47B9kUUbUlnx23A3yh3_Kvg6r9ViSYSBnlIoYlL1XQ/viewform?usp=pp_url

Spreadsheet to stalk: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ItzulahYxA5wBh0ndl8xhxwuP5VJLayvQI0N-yjQdxU/edit?usp=sharing

These are the links for putting down UCL offers and checking them on the spreadsheet.

PS. If you see any trolling or you made a mistake on the form, just PM me.

As offer are rolling in fast right now, I thought I would add more resources for offer holders.

UCL Offer Holder Website
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/undergraduate-offer-holders/

Student Accommodation
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/accommodation/

Student Finance
https://www.gov.uk/student-finance

Student Budget Calculator
https://www.which.co.uk/money/university-and-student-finance/student-budget-calculator

Scholarship and Bursaries
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/scholarships/

Will definitely add more. :biggrin:

Good Luck Lads!!!
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Applying for: Politics and International RelationsPredicted Grades: Geography (A) History (A) and English Literature (A)GCSES: 8888777655 (was forced to take Maths and DT lol)Other Unis: Bristol, Exeter, Sussex, Edinburgh - not too sure yet though :smile:Extracurriculars: Politics society @ my college, work experience at the European Parliament (applied and I somehow got in), I have a blog where I discuss international affairs and I've written for my college newsletter hehe
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by xsowmix
I can't seem to find a thread for 2021 applicants for UCL so decided to make one.

2. What subjects are doing currently and what are your predicted grades for them?

1. Management science
2. A level Maths (A), Bio (A), Economics (A)
3. 999877766 options: Geography, spanish, music, classical civilisation
4. LSE, Warwick, Bristol, Exeter
5. ran yt with 250k+ views, marketing and finance intern in well known film company, social media coordinator for NGO, University of London online course on intro to english common law, lots of volunteering, was a waitress, school orchestra + choir 5+ years, 12 years of piano inc ABRSM exams, 5 years of cello, DofE bronze, 7yrs of girl guides, bit of maths tutoring, some other irrelevant school clubs and used to be a club athlete
Reply 3
Original post by xsowmix

1. Medicine
2. Biology - A
Chemistry - A*
Maths - A*
3.99988887766A*B
4.Cambridge, King's, Southampton, St George's
5. Bhartanatyam (a south Indian dance) and help my teacher run classes in my free time. Volunteering at my local care home. 2 weeks of work experience at Pathology Department and 2 day placement at the hospital. Wider Reading (New Scientist and DO NO HARM etc.) and EPQ on medical ethics. Dofe Bronze and Silver.
(edited 3 years ago)
I already have an offer for 2021 entry so if anyone wants any tips for application, at least from my perspective, I'm here! :smile:
1. Law
2. English Literature, History and Theater Studies; we won't be given sure predicted grades until September but I believe they will be AAA/AAA*
3. 9987777655 (I really didn't enjoy French or Dance, RIP)
4. Bristol, Exeter, Leeds, Durham, King's are all various ones that I've been looking at
5. DofE (bronze), several LAMDA exams all with Distinctions in Drama, several law-based MOOCs (whether or not Inprisonment is a Suitable Punishment, stuff on bioethics), attended a few taster sessions, years of Girl Guides and volunteering there, waitress - I want to visit the Courts after Corona and if anyone has any advice on work experience then that would be greatly appreciated
-Law with French Law
-Currently doing: English Lit, History, Philosophy and French and EPQ. We don't have our predicted yet but if I had to guess I would say A*, A*, A, B and A* for EPQ
-GCSE Grades: 9, 9, 9, A*, 8, 87, 7, 7, 6, 6
-Durham, KCL, LSE, some abroad ones
-Semi-pro tennis player, high piano grades, I have a part-time job, entered several Oxbridge essay comps, Harvard and Yale online law courses, going to get some law work experience asap and I'm trying to build my ECs in the summer :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by rubytinker01
I already have an offer for 2021 entry so if anyone wants any tips for application, at least from my perspective, I'm here! :smile:

How on earth did you do that?
Original post by chloenix
How on earth did you do that?

I've just finished year 13 but I applied for deferred entry :smile:
I've just finished year 13 but I applied for deferred entry :smile:

Ahhh right I thought you were in Year 12 I was quite shocked ahah! Well done that's amazing x
Original post by stillerv
1. Law
2. English Literature, History and Theater Studies; we won't be given sure predicted grades until September but I believe they will be AAA/AAA*
3. 9987777655 (I really didn't enjoy French or Dance, RIP)
4. Bristol, Exeter, Leeds, Durham, King's are all various ones that I've been looking at
5. DofE (bronze), several LAMDA exams all with Distinctions in Drama, several law-based MOOCs (whether or not Inprisonment is a Suitable Punishment, stuff on bioethics), attended a few taster sessions, years of Girl Guides and volunteering there, waitress - I want to visit the Courts after Corona and if anyone has any advice on work experience then that would be greatly appreciated

I’ve just made a law applicant UCL thread btw ! X
-Law with French Law
-Currently doing: English Lit, History, Philosophy and French and EPQ. We don't have our predicted yet but if I had to guess I would say A*, A*, A, B and A* for EPQ
-GCSE Grades: 9, 9, 9, A*, 8, 87, 7, 7, 6, 6
-Durham, KCL, LSE, some abroad ones
-Semi-pro tennis player, high piano grades, I have a part-time job, entered several Oxbridge essay comps, Harvard and Yale online law courses, going to get some law work experience asap and I'm trying to build my ECs in the summer :smile:

Just made a UCL Law Applicants thread btw ! X
Original post by Anonymous
Just made a UCL Law Applicants thread btw ! X

Hi I think you put yourself on Anon accidentally! Would you mind sending me the link please? :smile:
Hi I think you put yourself on Anon accidentally! Would you mind sending me the link please? :smile:

I keep on doing that today sorry, my TSR is glitching ! I’ll tag you in it now, there’s no replies yet but it is early days for 2021 :smile: x
1. I’m applying to study Medicine
2. Chemistry: A*, Biology-A* Maths: A*/A and English literature- A*
3. 8A*s and 6As
4. Cardiff, Cambridge, King’s College London/ Imperial
5. Hockey in school + club and previously county, Karate (Shotokan), Singing, Drama
Volunteering at a self-care centre singe September last year.
GP shadowing.
Medicine and related MOOCS + further reading
- Medicine
- Bio, Chem, Maths - A*, A*, A*
- Imperial, King's, St Georges
- Further reading, essay competitions

Good luck everyone :smile:
1. Linguistics
2. English Lang(A*), Psychology(A), English Lit(A)
3. 888777766D*
4. KCL, QMUL, City
Original post by hallybeti
1. Linguistics
2. English Lang(A*), Psychology(A), English Lit(A)
3. 888777766D*
4. KCL, QMUL, City

Were doing the same course 🙌
1. Linguistics
2. Got A A A A*
3. a* 8 8 7 7 a 6 6
4. KCL , Queen Mary’s , City of London , Cambridge

Hey, could I possibly ask what course your offer is for? Congrats btw that’s great!! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending