The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I literally cringe hearing her music play. Her songs all sounds the same to me, they use the same or very similar beat :s-smilie:
Reply 2
Not much to say on this really. Modern pop culture continues to be degraded trash, we are living though the last days of Rome, and a radical traditionalist counter-revolution can't come soon enough.
It's so empowering. A new educational and inspiring national anthem for all women and girls of any age.
Reply 4
Original post by Mesopotamian.
I literally cringe hearing her music play. Her songs all sounds the same to me, they use the same or very similar beat :s-smilie:

I barely know who she is. I know my younger sister listens to her. It's embarrassing, and I hope most women are embarrassed about this as?
Original post by Wōden
Not much to say on this really. Modern pop culture continues to be degraded trash, we are living though the last days of Rome, and a radical traditionalist counter-revolution can't come soon enough.

Couldn't come any sooner. Something has to happen.
Original post by cheerIeader
It's so empowering. A new educational and inspiring national anthem for all women and girls of any age.

That's what a lot of feminists seem to think: it's empowering, not demeaning.

"Stop sexualising/objectifying women" they screech as an entire song is dedicated to wet pussy, fat arses, getting **** to get money.

I wonder if it's a parody lol?
I agree it is awful. There is a reluctance to criticise such so-called music, and I wonder if it because of fears that it is because the makers are BAME?
Reply 6
Original post by barnetlad
I agree it is awful. There is a reluctance to criticise such so-called music, and I wonder if it because of fears that it is because the makers are BAME?

Considering a lot of people, notably feminists, are calling it "empowering", I can imagine that the reluctance to criticise it, and similar "music", is as you said because the makers are BAME but also because they're women.
I actually loved WAP. Megan and Cardi slayed and did them, I'm all for that!
Original post by cheerIeader

Empowering to budding prostitutes and gold-diggers, sure.
Reply 9
Original post by TCA2b
Empowering to budding prostitutes and gold-diggers, sure.

"I don't cook, I don't clean, let me tell you how I got this ring"

15-year-olds listen to this ****.
Have you been listening to Ben Shapiro again?

it's okay.. but very dirtyyy
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by DiddyDec
Have you been listening to Ben Shapiro again?

I heard about him once and that was in 2016.
Everything about it is awful - The video, the lyrics, the music itself. I never understood the hype with Cardi B.
I really don't see the issue, not really my type of music but I guess some people enjoy sexually overt music such as this.

Original post by Occitanie
I heard about him once and that was in 2016.

It just doesn't seem like the sort of music that would cross your scope.
(edited 3 years ago)
Being a young person myself, my taste isn't too refined by some people's standards, but I can agree on this.
She's average in 'skill' I suppose you could say (don't know anything about music really) but I don't like her songs at all.
The songs themselves sound so lazily made and the lyrics... Self explanatory.

I think she ruined Maroon 5’s “Girls Like You” too with her ear bleeding horrible mid-section rap. But this is somehow worse.

Overall though I just really dislike her personality, but I've heard a loud minority of fans thinking sharing this opinion means you're looking down on BAME, women in general, or people who strip.

The fans that don't accuse people of this can like what they like even if I dislike it.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Mesopotamian.

I agree!!! Lyrics is trash too LOL
Reply 17
Original post by DiddyDec
I really don't see the issue, not really my type of music but I guess some people enjoy sexually overt music such as this.

It just doesn't seem like the sort of music that would cross your scope.

OK?
Original post by Occitanie
OK?

Good talk :h:
I really don't get the rage this song has generated.
Lots of music has sexual overtones and has done since like the 50s.
Idk why we need to have this mass panic again, someone made a song about vaginas and sex? So? If you're genuinely upset by the fact someone did this you probably have some growing up to do.

I listen to much more "disgusting" music than WAP on a daily basis and I'm not a degenerate. It's just music. I think WAP is a bad song but getting upset over the lyrics is stupid.

Have a song from the best band from Liverpool that I'm sure will gross you out.
[video="youtube;XyS2cg7hy_s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyS2cg7hy_s[/video]

Latest