The Student Room Group

my boyfriend has my money and i miss my ex

So my bf and i have been dating for 6 months now, over this time he has taken £3080 of mine

i pay £86 a month for his phone bill, which he also owes me

whenever i do the smallest of things he gets frustrated at me and tries to break up with me - he has also made me block innocent guys who like my bikini pics on insta

because he has tried to break up with me so many times i have started to think of my ex and dream of my ex (who i was with for 5 years and i dont think i ever stopped loving him) but my ex is now with a new girl

i do love my bf but something is telling me im only with him to get my money back - but if i break up with him im worried ill regret it like i do with my ex

i miss my ex and i want him back .... so what do i do? or am i just feeling this way because i was with him for 5 years

do i try to remain friends with my ex and see where things go gradually

do i break up with my bf? or stay with him for my money?
Original post by Anonymous
So my bf and i have been dating for 6 months now, over this time he has taken £3080 of mine

whenever i do the smallest of things he gets frustrated at me and tries to break up with me - he has also made me block innocent guys who like my bikini pics on insta

because he has tried to break up with me so many times i have started to think of my ex and dream of my ex (who i was with for 5 years and i dont think i ever stopped loving him) but my ex is now with a new girl

i do love my bf but something is telling me im only with him to get my money back - but if i break up with him im worried ill regret it like i do with my ex

i miss my ex and i want him back .... so what do i do? or am i just feeling this way because i was with him for 5 years

You don't have a relationship with your boyfriend - you deserve better. You aren't getting anything from being together with him, whilst he is putting you down and taking your money. I don't think you will get your money back, and it is pointless staying with him in the hope that you will. Leave him and stop paying for his bills.

I think that you only think of your ex because it reminds you of a better time compared to your situation now. I don't think that you need to rush into a new relationship. Let your ex be happy in his current relationship and focus on finding yourself and your own happiness independent of being in a relationship.
I agree with @cheesecakelove he's basically manipulating you into doing everything he wants and leaving you with less and less options/ reasons to leave. I'd stop paying for his bills and say he needs to pay you back first or something, because that may be the only way to get your money back at all, even if you probably won't get it back. Don't go back to your ex either though. Leave some time for just you to get over your ex and your should-be-soon ex.
£3000 in 6 months is impressive, that's a £6000 yearly side-income

nice work if you can get it.
This. That's a heck of a lot of money, get it back asap.
Original post by Palmyra
£3000 in 6 months is impressive, that's a £6000 yearly side-income

nice work if you can get it.

He is using u for dough. Get money back asap then dump him

Honestly, get rid of him. Don't stay for your money, to be on the prudent side: you probably won't be getting that back. But the longer you stay, the more money he takes from you.

Why did you agree to pay him so much so early? That's a crazy phone contract too - definitely take this as a lesson in the future.

I think you maybe miss the idea of being with someone who loves and cares for you, rather than you miss your ex in particular. I think focusing on yourself and not getting involved with either of these people would be the healthiest thing to do in my opinion. Just promise me you won't get with anyone who takes advantage of you like that again - you deserve better :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by kittykatieboo
Honestly, get rid of him. Don't stay for your money, to be on the prudent side: you probably won't be getting that back. But the longer you stay, the more money he takes from you.

Why did you agree to pay him so much so early? That's a crazy phone contract too - definitely take this as a lesson in the future.

I think you maybe miss the idea of being with someone who loves and cares for you, rather than you miss your ex in particular. I think focusing on yourself and not getting involved with either of these people would be the healthiest thing to do in my opinion. Just promise me you won't get with anyone who takes advantage of you like that again - you deserve better :smile:

Good advice, but the thread is a year old. I think OP got it figured out already :lol: ( well, I hope she did at least )

Latest

Trending

Trending