The Student Room Group

my parents take my phone at 8 every night.

yo, so its quarentine right, and Im a teen. my parents take my phone away from 7pm to 12. leaving no forms of communications with others. this has ruined sooooo many friendships as I cant talk to anyone Im not directly hanging out with , or barely, because I usually hangout at the skatepark all day and cant text anyone there. I explain to them that my friends no longer will have a strong bond with me if I don't talk to them, they always say
Hi,

What do they always say and how old are you?
Reply 2
So you go somewhere with a phone signal and contact your friends between 12 and 7.
Sounds terrible! How dare your parents want to reduce your screen time.

>>>>> Get a hobby <<<<<<
Reply 4
When I was younger my parents turned off the wifi every night at 9 and I managed to keep many close friends.
Phones stimulate your mind which can cause you trouble going to sleep, so it makes perfect sense why your parents would want screens off an hour or two before you go to bed.
Reply 5
Original post by mayellehatesrats
yo, so its quarentine right, and Im a teen. my parents take my phone away from 7pm to 12. leaving no forms of communications with others. this has ruined sooooo many friendships as I cant talk to anyone Im not directly hanging out with , or barely, because I usually hangout at the skatepark all day and cant text anyone there. I explain to them that my friends no longer will have a strong bond with me if I don't talk to them, they always say

🍼🍼🍼🍼🍼
peak
Reply 7
Original post by LovelyMrFox
When I was younger my parents turned off the wifi every night at 9 and I managed to keep many close friends.
Phones stimulate your mind which can cause you trouble going to sleep, so it makes perfect sense why your parents would want screens off an hour or two before you go to bed.

When I was younger we didn't have wifi or even mobile phones! Parents did have a landline though, and we always managed to be be out with groups of friends. When we met up, we'd make plans for the next few days and you turned up, or not, at a certain place at a certain time.

Makes you wonder how the current generation could cope with that. Ah, back in the day, when Space Invaders in an arcade was the epitome of a sophisticated video game and if you wanted to play something at home you had the screeching cassette tape to load...
Original post by mayellehatesrats

If the friendship was ruined by not being able to message them late in the evening, they weren't great friends anyway and you're better off without them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending