The Student Room Group

Getting a job in publishing

I recently finished my undergraduate degree at university and am now looking for a job in publishing. Does anyone have any experience getting into the publishing sector either academic, educational or consumer? I'm told that similar to most jobs, experience is essential to getting your foot in the door.

Any general information about publishing careers would be really appreciated.
Original post by racketgamer98
I recently finished my undergraduate degree at university and am now looking for a job in publishing. Does anyone have any experience getting into the publishing sector either academic, educational or consumer? I'm told that similar to most jobs, experience is essential to getting your foot in the door.

Hi @racketgamer98 :hello:

I would highly recommend looking at Prospects - they have lots of information on their job profiles section which provides information on qualifications, training and experience you need to access certain careers. Click here to look at job profiles in the media sector, including a number of publishing job roles.

I hope this helps! If you've any further questions, feel free to ask!

Melissa :biggrin:
Original post by racketgamer98

Did you do any internships during your degree Summer holiday?

Quick Reply