The Student Room Group

Advice please about a lump with a photo

Hi

I have this lump on my head here (I will post a photo) I have had it for about two years now, the size of it is around 0.5-0.6cm and it has bled once. I have another one showing behind my ear but not as big as this. It hurts at times and sometimes feels a little itchy and burns.

Does anyone know what it is?

IMG_1321 (1).jpg
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ask your GP ASAP.
Original post by Kibser
Ask your GP ASAP.

Oh I need to see a GP about that? :confused:
Reply 3
Original post by Guardians0111
Oh I need to see a GP about that? :confused:

Yes, that is what GPs are there for.
Original post by Anonymous
CANCER

Um Troll?
Original post by Kibser
Yes, that is what GPs are there for.

Yeah that's true I was thinking it was just a spot or something maybe?
Can they do anything about it?
Hi

I have this lump on my head here (I will post a photo) I have had it for about two years now, the size of it is around 0.5-0.6cm and it has bled once. I have another one showing behind my ear but not as big as this. It hurts at times and sometimes feels a little itchy and burns.

IMG_1321 (1).jpg

I'd say see your GP but there is a good chance they'll presbribr some antibiotics (either as something to put on your skin or capsules) or maybe a corticosteroid.
Oh ok, does it look like an infection then for antibiotics?

Original post by Anonymous
I'd say see your GP but there is a good chance they'll presbribr some antibiotics (either as something to put on your skin or capsules) or maybe a corticosteroid.
What does anyone else think? Advice would be appreciated
Hi

IMG_1321 (1).jpg

Seriously, go to the doctors if you're worried. That's exactly what they're there for.
What does anyone else think? Advice would be appreciated

Go to your GP, they'll know what it is :biggrin:
Could it be skin cancer?
Original post by Dell PC
Go to your GP, they'll know what it is :biggrin:

I think I may have gone to the gp when I first had it, I can't really remember. I don't know what to do as gps are busy bees :redface:

Original post by Ar-Pharazôn
Seriously, go to the doctors if you're worried. That's exactly what they're there for.
Could it be skin cancer?

idk , book an appointment thing with your GP, it's better to be safe than sorry
I think I may have gone to the gp when I first had it, I can't really remember. I don't know what to do as gps are busy bees :redface:

Go again, they're not actually *that* busy that they can't see you about something that's worrying you.
It could be a cyst? I'd just go to the GP. You need to be careful about those types of things, especially if it's bled a little before it could be something more sinister.
Um Troll?

Not necessarily. For all we know, it could be cancer. You are asking a bunch of unqualified students (most in fields unrelated to medicine) to give a diagnosis based on a very poor quality image... Why not just see a doctor and get a proper medical option?
Original post by black tea
Not necessarily. For all we know, it could be cancer. You are asking a bunch of unqualified students (most in fields unrelated to medicine) to give a diagnosis based on a very poor quality image... Why not just see a doctor and get a proper medical option?

Because it's so stressful? And waisting their time is a massive issue these days. I can send a better photo if you like? I thought skin cancer was only in the older population?
Original post by Dell PC
idk , book an appointment thing with your GP, it's better to be safe than sorry

Okay

Original post by Ar-Pharazôn
Go again, they're not actually *that* busy that they can't see you about something that's worrying you.

I think they said it could have been a wart? But it's lasted for so long?

Quick Reply

Latest