The Student Room Group

Sitting A-level Chemistry in Autumn exams (OCR)

Hii,
Is anyone else planning to resit chemistry in October to improve their CAG ( centre assessed grade? Do you think it’s possible to get a good grade ( at least a B ) in just over 6 weeks whilst also trying to write a Medicine personal statement and maybe do the UCAT too? ( just for reference my centre assessed grade was a C ).
Hey! It’s going to be tough if you haven’t learnt all the content yet. I did OCR A and happy to send my notes to you if you’d like??
I got an A* and my number one tip to do well is practise questions and past papers! Also get hold of their organic flow chart of reactions and make a quizlet of all the recall (colours etc.) and start that little & often as soon as you can!
I can’t really help now as I’ve got my own exams to revise for (& haven’t done a lot of the content myself in over a year!) but I hope that’s of some use!
Original post by matscigal
Hey! It’s going to be tough if you haven’t learnt all the content yet. I did OCR A and happy to send my notes to you if you’d like??
I got an A* and my number one tip to do well is practise questions and past papers! Also get hold of their organic flow chart of reactions and make a quizlet of all the recall (colours etc.) and start that little & often as soon as you can!
I can’t really help now as I’ve got my own exams to revise for (& haven’t done a lot of the content myself in over a year!) but I hope that’s of some use!

Thank you for that response. Yes I’ll definitely focus on past papers since last year year I barely touched them and that was probably why I fell short of a good grade. If you have notes on the ‘Transition Elements’ chapter and ‘Redox & Electrode Potentials’ chapter from A2 that would be soooo sooo helpful since those are two chapters we didnt get to learn in school!
Thank you so much :smile:
How did you all find it
Original post by dentalstudent123
How did you all find it

Slightly more difficult than previous years
Original post by Zoolato24811
Slightly more difficult than previous years

tbf there were some stinkers in there. Do you remember what you got for that Ln question? and the units
tbf there were some stinkers in there. Do you remember what you got for that Ln question? and the units

22200 and the units were none
do you still have any notes that you can send because ive got paper 2 in a couple days and messed up pretty badly in the first paper
Original post by theboogieman
do you still have any notes that you can send because ive got paper 2 in a couple days and messed up pretty badly in the first paper

You can use Physics & Maths Tutor. They have summary notes on each topic for each exam board :smile:
22200 and the units were none

I either got 22200 or 222000 I cant remember but I got confused and put e as the units so I've probably lost a mark there
I either got 22200 or 222000 I cant remember but I got confused and put e as the units so I've probably lost a mark there

Im not sure about the units tho cuz usually when there are no units they dont ask for them
Im not sure about the units tho cuz usually when there are no units they dont ask for them

I think the correct answer was no units and I just got confused
I think the correct answer was no units and I just got confused

What did u get for the half life?
What did u get for the half life?

I just calculated the half life from like the first data point i think. I think we're supposed to use the half life equation for that one innit. Also I got a negative initial rate because Im a dumbass is this still right ?
I just calculated the half life from like the first data point i think. I think we're supposed to use the half life equation for that one innit. Also I got a negative initial rate because Im a dumbass is this still right ?

I cant remember what i put for the initial rate but the concentration was decreasing over time so i dont think the rate being negative is far fetched
I cant remember what i put for the initial rate but the concentration was decreasing over time so i dont think the rate being negative is far fetched

How did you find paper 2
How did you find paper 2

Easy compared to paper 1
How did you find paper 2

How about you?
How about you?

It was good Yh I agree it was better than paper 1

Quick Reply

Latest