The Student Room Group

my first choice still hasn't confirmed/rejected me

i didn't get the grades i needed but my university hasn't rejected me yet so i cant confirm my 2nd choice. they keep saying another 2 days whenever i phone. is anyone else having the same issue?
Original post by hew721
i didn't get the grades i needed but my university hasn't rejected me yet so i cant confirm my 2nd choice. they keep saying another 2 days whenever i phone. is anyone else having the same issue?

Hey!

Did you meet the offer with your Center Assessed Grades, or did you miss it even with those?

If you missed it altogether, how much by? They should really reject you if they are not planning on taking you, but with the student number caps being lifted they may have more space if you just missed.

Where do you want to go? Do you still want to go to this uni even if they accepted you?

If you don't mind letting us know the university that would be really helpful, no worries if not :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Hey!

Did you meet the offer with your Center Assessed Grades, or did you miss it even with those?

If you missed it altogether, how much by? They should really reject you if they are not planning on taking you, but with the student number caps being lifted they may have more space if you just missed.

Where do you want to go? Do you still want to go to this uni even if they accepted you?

If you don't mind letting us know the university that would be really helpful, no worries if not :smile:

Its swansea uni, i missed it even with my center assessed grades so i'm not very hopeful about being accepted but it is still my preferred choice.
Original post by hew721
Its swansea uni, i missed it even with my center assessed grades so i'm not very hopeful about being accepted but it is still my preferred choice.

They may still be deciding on what's happening, but it's still not ok to keep you hanging on if you have missed your offer for this long - they should be able to make a decision about you fairly quickly. The number caps being lifted means they may be able to take you, but it could also mean they may have to take back people who missed previously, making the course full that way. Unfortunately if you want to go there, you'll have to wait for them to make a decision, but I will pass this onto UCAS so they know what is happening.

If you've missed your offer by a considerable amount, it may be worth assessing what options you have available just in case. Do you meet the offer for your insurance choice, or do you need to look at Clearing? Having some back up options is really important so you can move quickly if they do reject you on Friday.

If for any reason you change your mind and want to be rejected from Swansea, you just need to call them up and ask them to reject you ASAP.

I hope this helps, sorry that there isn't much you can do but I have my fingers crossed for you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending