The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

This is the thread for the discussion of all things fantasy football. For all of those who are new, it is fairly simple. Simply go onto http://fantasy.premierleague.com and create an account. Select your Premier League squad from a budget of £100m and then join the TSR League!

The only rules for joining are:

1) You must post your team name in this thread or by sending me (sr90) a private message. If you fail to do this before GW1 you will be removed from the league. This does not apply to people who have joined our league in previous years.

2) To ensure that this is a league for TSR regulars, you must have 50 posts on the site which can come from any where on the web-site. These 50 posts must be made by the end of September. Exceptions can be made.

3) The league will close to new entrants at the end of GW5. After this period, no new teams will be admitted, although you are still welcome to post in the thread and discuss all things FPL.

Previous years have had a prize awarded to the winner - THIS IS TBC

LEAGUE CODE = cz3pd6
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
In

Seems Willian's not been added. And the deadline is 90 mins before kick off of the 1st match of GW.

Also create H2H league.
In. Really difficult selection this year with the way they've reclassified the likes of Auba and Rashford. Makes sense for how Salah, Mane and Sterling are, but it's looking like budget strikers and premium mids might be the strategy
Original post by mr tim
In

Seems Willian's not been added. And the deadline is 90 mins before kick off of the 1st match of GW.

Also create H2H league.

Neithers Matteus Pereira at WBA (the best enabler if he's under 6.5, quote me on that in May). Guessing they're adding new signings going forward
Reply 4
Man Utd and City likely to have their GW 1 postponed. Fixtures are also unknown, don't think they'll be too many tinkering for now.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
In. Really difficult selection this year with the way they've reclassified the likes of Auba and Rashford. Makes sense for how Salah, Mane and Sterling are, but it's looking like budget strikers and premium mids might be the strategy

Real lack of strikers this season. I'm on Kane, Antonio, Brewster at the moment although it's obviously dependant on fixtures and will probably change 50 times over the next 4 weeks.

Brewster (4.5) getting a Premier League loan will be absolutely perfect, if that happens he'll be everyones third striker.
Original post by sr90
Real lack of strikers this season. I'm on Kane, Antonio, Brewster at the moment although it's obviously dependant on fixtures and will probably change 50 times over the next 4 weeks.

Brewster (4.5) getting a Premier League loan will be absolutely perfect, if that happens he'll be everyones third striker.

Werner, Kean, Davis for me ATM, 3 premiums in midfield (Auba, Bruno, KDB) although I'll need to adjust that based on the CL and Europa League.

Surprised at the number already taking Mitrovic, at 6m we already know he's a trap, was only 2 seasons ago...
Reply 7
So looking like only GW1 blank for Man City?
In.

Last season was my worst FF so will have to try harder next season!
Original post by Zerforax
In.

Last season was my worst FF so will have to try harder next season!

Ditto,

Well it's my worst season of playing properly. I have a couple of worse seasons back in the early days were I signed up and did little else.
Anyone got tips on team value? Every year, by the end of the season, there are plenty of people who seem to have team values like £110mil.

I might get to like 102-103mil but I don't understand how everyone else's team values are so much higher!
Original post by Zerforax
Anyone got tips on team value? Every year, by the end of the season, there are plenty of people who seem to have team values like £110mil.

I might get to like 102-103mil but I don't understand how everyone else's team values are so much higher!

Some people sacrifice points for high team values. On the Status page of FPL there is a leaderboard for team value. They all have high team values but little in the way of points.

If you want high TV you need to make early transfers. Sometimes you'll need to make transfers even before all games are played in the gameweek because if someone plays and scores heavily, guaranteed his price will have gone up by the next day, so youll need to buy him that day before he goes up in price.

I've never been too bothered about TV. While of course a higher TV is better, it's not the be all and end all. It's about finding a balance. I only make early transfers if I will be priced out of a player if he goes up.
Reply 12
Fixtures to be released tomorrow. Man City and Utd to miss opening weekend.
(edited 3 years ago)
@sr90 Just letting you know that the code doesn't work (I think renewing leagues change their code each season).
Original post by mr tim
Fixtures to be released tomorrow. Man City and Utd to miss opening weekend.

Wait, why are they missing it?
@sr90 You need to fix the code. It doesn't work. :s-smilie:
Original post by faizanarshad360
Wait, why are they missing it?

Because they were still in Europe up until recently and every team gets 4 weeks off.
Reply 17
Burnley, Utd, City, Villa will have a DGW as they won't play GW1.
Reply 18
In. Team name: 2021-engineering
But code doesn't work.
Original post by MrDystopia
@sr90 Just letting you know that the code doesn't work (I think renewing leagues change their code each season).

Original post by faizanarshad360
@sr90 You need to fix the code. It doesn't work. :s-smilie:

Original post by 8013
In. Team name: 2021-engineering
But code doesn't work.

Sorry all, as you've probably noticed I just copy & pasted last year's thread.

I have added in the correct league code now.

Latest