The Student Room Group

19/8 update: BTEC grades pulled & to follow same grading principle as GCSE & A-level

Hi everyone,

Pearson has just announced a change at 6pm today stating:

"Following @ofqual’s announcement A Level and GCSE students are to receive centre assessed grades, we will now be applying the same principles for students receiving BTECs this summer. This means we will be regrading all #BTECs"

Basically this means that your BTECs will now simply be the centre assessed grades given to the exam board by your teachers.

This has a few knock on implications that everyone should be aware of:

Students who received their BTEC national results last week may no longer be correct. It's important to note that similarly to A-level and GCSE your grades will not be lowered.

It is likely that any student waiting for their BTEC results tomorrow for Level 1 or Level 2 will face a delay in recieving these results. We are unsure yet if schools will be able to tell you your grade tomorrow or not.

How are you all feeling about this news?

I know a last second change just adds more confusion and disruption for you all, but are you happy with the new way your grades will be decided?

As always we are here to support you if you have any issues, questions or concerns. :smile:

Full statement from Pearson here...

Scroll to see replies

This feels like really important news that everyone should be aware of, so I'm tagging in all posters of the BTEC forum over the last few months. I hope you don't mind!

BTEC

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

Original post by Evil Homer
This feels like really important news that everyone should be aware of, so I'm tagging in all posters of the BTEC forum over the last few months. I hope you don't mind!

BTEC

Oh I don't do any BTEC subjects :s-smilie: sorry
Thanks for the tag! This approach seems fair, especially when BTEC students have been kept in the dark about their grades and how their final grades would be graded. I'm presuming that it will be easier for the teachers to grade their students as they can look at their general progress and grades for the duration of the two years or so.
I'm so confused ugh this is a complete mess.

For someone who did both A level and BTEC this is just crazy.

:sad:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5

BTEC

[QUOTE="Homer;90533794" Evil="Evil"]This feels like really important news that everyone should be aware of, so I'm tagging in all posters of the BTEC forum over the last few months.

BTEC

I-
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by kingpin x
Thanks for the tag! This approach seems fair, especially when BTEC students have been kept in the dark about their grades and how their final grades would be graded. I'm presuming that it will be easier for the teachers to grade their students as they can look at their general progress and grades for the duration of the two years or so.

Thanks for the comment :smile: Are you waiting on BTEC results?
Original post by thagirlhanna
I'm so confused ugh this is a complete mess.
for someone who did both A level and Btech this is just crazy.

I know this isn't ideal and has been very confusing - is there anything we can do to support you?
Does this mean students could be downgraded?
Original post by Hazelly

No, grades will not be lowered :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
No, grades will not be lowered :smile:

Are you sure?
Original post by Hazelly

Absolutely not! The grades you have already received will be the minimum you get :smile:
Phew!
(edited 3 years ago)
Thanks for the comment :smile: Are you waiting on BTEC results?

No worries! And no, I'm not in college😂, threads like these are just providing me with information to support those who are anxious about their BTEC grades- not much has been clarified over them in the past weeks or so.
No worries! And no, I'm not in college😂, threads like these are just providing me with information to support those who are anxious about their BTEC grades- not much has been clarified over them in the past weeks or so.

Ah sorry! :colondollar: I agree - it felt like they'd been forgotten about whilst the focus was on A-levels/GCSE.
I've posted in the BTEC forum :confused:
hi! im so sorry if this is a silly question, I’m just a little confused!

so i have just finished first year, and was awarded a D*. my grade won’t change? is that right?

and how are they grading us next year?

thank you :smile:
Original post by pepsimaxcherry
hi! im so sorry if this is a silly question, I’m just a little confused!

so i have just finished first year, and was awarded a D*. my grade won’t change? is that right?

and how are they grading us next year?

thank you :smile:

Hi, not silly questions at all! If you've already got your grade then it won't go down :smile:

I've not seen any info on how this will affect next year but if I do, I'll update you!
Ah sorry! :colondollar: I agree - it felt like they'd been forgotten about whilst the focus was on A-levels/GCSE.

100%. In all honesty it's sad to see because some students didn't even get their grades back last week. I highly doubt they would have remembered about the BTEC grades this week if there hadn't been outrage over the lack of public media coverage over them. It is what it is. Also this thread, and the other threads alike have been useful, so thank you once again!
100%. In all honesty it's sad to see because some students didn't even get their grades back last week. I highly doubt they would have remembered about the BTEC grades this week if there hadn't been outrage over the lack of public media coverage over them. It is what it is. Also this thread, and the other threads alike have been useful, so thank you once again!

Absolutely, let's see what the next few days bring. Thank you for your kind words - if there's any other info you need, by all means let us know and we'll try to find out for you :smile:
Thanks for the tag !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending