The Student Room Group

Pqip applicants 9b 2020

Hi Applied for trainee probation officer role. I’m so excited about getting through to the assessment centre! Only a few days to go!
Anyone else got through to the Assessment centre🤩

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Leyona2020
Hi Applied for trainee probation officer role. I’m so excited about getting through to the assessment centre! Only a few days to go!
Anyone else got through to the Assessment centre🤩

Hi,
Congratulations on getting through! That’s brilliant👏
I applied in June and my application is “on hold” which means it’s been reviewed but they are marking other applications.
This is the first time I’ve applied so don’t really know what to expect.
What division did you apply for?
Reply 2
Thank you!!
Ues I have applied to work the West Midlands/Sandwell area. What area have you applied to work in?
Reply 3
Thank you!!
Ues I have applied to work the West Midlands/Sandwell area. What area have you applied to work in?

Hi,
You’re welcome! I’ve applied for the Wales Probation Service so division like Cardiff/Swansea Merthyr Newport etc.
Well done and good luck with it👏🤞
Reply 4
Original post by Lucos117
Hi,
You’re welcome! I’ve applied for the Wales Probation Service so division like Cardiff/Swansea Merthyr Newport etc.
Well done and good luck with it👏🤞

Yes my application was on hold for a while too, the wait is agonising 😫 (well it was for me) this just means they are still marking applications, I’ve been told, so you have a chance! 🤩
I hope you do well and get a place at assessment centre.🤞🏽💪🏽
Reply 5
Original post by Lucos117
Hi,
Well done and good luck with it👏

I’ve just heard back about my application...I got through to the assessment centre :smile: specifically replying to you Lucos117 as you’ve applied for Wales as well. They’re starting to move.
Original post by Njjz11
I’ve just heard back about my appliI alscation...I got through to the assessment centre :smile: specifically replying to you Lucos117 as you’ve applied for Wales as well. They’re starting to move.

I also applied for Wales and found out today i was successful :smile:
Reply 7
Well done guys!! 🤩 I’m really happy for you. Well done
Reply 8
Original post by Njjz11
I’ve just heard back about my application...I got through to the assessment centre :smile: specifically replying to you Lucos117 as you’ve applied for Wales as well. They’re starting to move.

Congratulations!😊 Good luck with it🤞 I’ve had my invitation this morning too. I have to book a time and date now
Reply 9
Congratulations to you all as well.
I’m having to upload documents as well before I can book a place at the assessment centre, anybody else?
I’ll have to do it have to work.
Reply 10
Sorry for the atrocious spelling, I’ve autocorrect on my phone and am in work.
Thank you!!

Hello!
First of all, congrats to everyone!
I also applied for West Midlands, and found out I got through on Friday!
Reply 12
Original post by MariyaRB
Hello!
First of all, congrats to everyone!
I also applied for West Midlands, and found out I got through on Friday!

👏🏾 👏🏾 👏🏾 Well done on getting through🤩.Have you booked your assessment day yet??
Hey everyone! I applied for London and found out about 2 weeks ago I got through to assessment which is now only a week away!! Very nervous. I have also heard that even if you get through assessment you aren’t guaranteed a place. Am I correct in thinking this?
Reply 14
Original post by lilybwinter19
Hey everyone! I applied for London and found out about 2 weeks ago I got through to assessment which is now only a week away!! Very nervous. I have also heard that even if you get through assessment you aren’t guaranteed a place. Am I correct in thinking this?

Good luck for your assessment centre :smile: Unfortunately you are correct, you may be successful but is dependent on the places available in chosen locations whether actually offered a role. I believe that you stay as ‘successful’ for 12 months, but then if not placed have to reapply.
👏🏾 👏🏾 👏🏾 Well done on getting through🤩.Have you booked your assessment day yet??

Yes, 9th of September, 8am!
Reply 16
Yes my application was on hold for a while too, the wait is agonising 😫 (well it was for me) this just means they are still marking applications, I’ve been told, so you have a chance! 🤩
I hope you do well and get a place at assessment centre.🤞🏽💪🏽

U heard anything yet??
My assessment day is Thursday 3rd, so nervous! How are you all preparing for the role-play scenarios?
Original post by Abby_Kemps
My assessment day is Thursday 3rd, so nervous! How are you all preparing for the role-play scenarios?

To be honest with you I have no idea what to expect and it scares me! How are you doing with it?
Original post by Abby_Kemps
Me too! I've been trying to find role playing examples online to work out the type of scenarios we might be placed in, but there's not a lot to go off! Just trying to think of more general responses

The lack of information makes me think that we're not supposed to know much, cause I've checked threads from previous intakes and no one says anything about what they've been asked at the assessment centre!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending