The Student Room Group

19/8 update: BTEC grades pulled & to follow same grading principle as GCSE & A-level

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yoozed
I got my Level 3 Year 2 Results yesterday. And im more than happy with them. Will this impact me??

(Currently sat in the services of the M1 with a coffee, pls hurry😂)

hahah if I need to hurry then the short answer is:

No!

Results can't be lowered so if you're already happy you can stay happy :smile:
Reply 41
I am in year 12 and I am doing Applied science which is a BTEC and last week I received a grade.
So does that mean the grade I received will be changed to the grade that my teacher had predicted to me or will the grade stay the same?
Thanks
Reply 42
Original post by Evil Homer
hahah if I need to hurry then the short answer is:

No!

Results can't be lowered so if you're already happy you can stay happy :smile:

Mate thanks for the quick reply. I can drive home with my mind at peace now!

Top geezer :smile:
Original post by Emziane
I am in year 12 and I am doing Applied science which is a BTEC and last week I received a grade.
So does that mean the grade I received will be changed to the grade that my teacher had predicted to me or will the grade stay the same?
Thanks

Is that applied science grade a qualification in it's own right or is it a module?
Original post by Humairazaman
Ayyy dirilis ertugrul fan, huh?

I am😂😂, yourself? My dad recommended the show a while back and just got round to watching it.
Government and Pearson’s being late with news again 🤦🏼*♂️

Glad that BTEC students have finally been noticed and i hope all BTEC learners get the grades they deserve as we seem to be forgotten EVERY time! Good luck in the future!
Original post by kingpin x
I am😂😂, yourself? My dad recommended the show a while back and just got round to watching it.

Mate I'm absolutely addicted like I'm on season 5 and I only started watching a couple months ago. I love it, their acting is amazing and it's so much more than a historical drama.

Spoiler

No evidence of a pass, previous grade was a D and they are predicted 4's

Thank you for that! I have a question, if you don't mind me asking. Students who have been retaking their maths gcse in college, and have had low grades in the two years (mostly 2's) would there be a high chance that they don't get the pass tomorrow as the final grade will be decided on your previous maths grades? I've had someone ask me a question about that but I wasn't sure how to answer it.

@SarcAndSpark would you be able to help with this?
Absolutely not! The grades you have already received will be the minimum you get :smile:

That's so good to hear, I was worried that students would then be facing downgrading :smile:
Original post by Hazelly
That's so good to hear, I was worried that students would then be facing downgrading :smile:

That would be so unfair given the triple lock that A-levels get - don't worry :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
That would be so unfair given the triple lock that A-levels get - don't worry :smile:

Triple lock? I'm so out of it, oops
Hi everyone,

Pearson has just announced a change at 6pm today stating:

"Following @ofqual’s announcement A Level and GCSE students are to receive centre assessed grades, we will now be applying the same principles for students receiving BTECs this summer. This means we will be regrading all #BTECs"

Basically this means that your BTECs will now simply be the centre assessed grades given to the exam board by your teachers.

This has a few knock on implications that everyone should be aware of:

Students who received their BTEC national results last week may no longer be correct. It's important to note that similarly to A-level and GCSE your grades will not be lowered.

It is likely that any student waiting for their BTEC results tomorrow for Level 1 or Level 2 will face a delay in recieving these results. We are unsure yet if schools will be able to tell you your grade tomorrow or not.

How are you all feeling about this news?

I know a last second change just adds more confusion and disruption for you all, but are you happy with the new way your grades will be decided?

As always we are here to support you if you have any issues, questions or concerns. :smile:

Full statement from Pearson here...

Thank you for the tag. 😊
Original post by Hazelly
Triple lock? I'm so out of it, oops

Ah sorry - I was referring to this

Basically it was saying that out of 3 options, A-level students would receive the highest grade of the three. That's before all these latest announcements anyways...
Original post by brainzistheword
Ah sorry - I was referring to this

Basically it was saying that out of 3 options, A-level students would receive the highest grade of the three. That's before all these latest announcements anyways...

Oh yes! I thought it meant something else. Thank you so much for the link :smile:
Reply 54
Is there a time frame of when these new grades would be released?
Original post by Snobby
Is there a time frame of when these new grades would be released?

Nothing has been set in stone at this stage I'm afraid, no.
My D*D*D* boutta get upgrades ladZ
Original post by megathon360
My D*D*D* boutta get upgrades ladZ

If you’ve already got the highest grades possible in BTEC how is your grades going to be upgraded?
Hello, I got DDD for BTEC extended diploma is it going to change tomorrow
Is their a possibility I mean?

Quick Reply