The Student Room Group

19/8 update: BTEC grades pulled & to follow same grading principle as GCSE & A-level

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EDUCATEDER
Hello, I got DDD for BTEC extended diploma is it going to change tomorrow

It depnds what your school had submitted for your extended diploma. Did you ask your centre what their initial submission was?
Original post by Evil Homer
It depnds what your school had submitted for your extended diploma. Did you ask your centre what their initial submission was?

It was lower than my current one DDD
Thank you for the tag :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
Are you waiting on results? :smile:

Nah i got mine, i got a D*D* I’m in Year 13
Original post by Evil Homer
This feels like really important news that everyone should be aware of, so I'm tagging in all posters of the BTEC forum over the last few months. I hope you don't mind!

BTEC

Thanks for the tag, interesting news but I’m definitely not taking a BTEC, I’m about to start a doctorate!
Original post by nathan_nacu
Nah i got mine, i got a D*D* I’m in Year 13

Amazing!! Well done :woo:
Reply 66
My college is withholding Level 3 BTEC overall results because: "They informed us that we are not to issue the BTEC Level 1/2 Firsts today. We have therefore removed these from view for students. We have also had to remove the Level 3 BTEC overall grades from view for students as these cannot be separated from the Level 2." Is anyone else's college doing this? This is an absolute joke, what if someone is banking on this grade boost to get into uni at the last minute? And is now probably going to miss out because of some slight technical difficulties?
Original post by thagirlhanna
I'm so confused ugh this is a complete mess.
for someone who did both A level and Btech this is just crazy.

yess exactly
Original post by rcmotorboy
Oh, that's nice. Hopefully the students will get their grades that they wanted and spread all that good energy when they go to university to help the students that have done A-Levels and mixed in with their practical skill sets.

Why does this comment feel so passive aggresive?
Interesting to see at the moment BTECS are regarded as the superior and more academically challenging qualification.
Original post by 999tigger
Interesting to see at the moment BTECS are regarded as the superior and more academically challenging qualification.

Is their any chance of btec results being downgraded
(edited 3 years ago)

Nope
999ger,

Why does having concern for a qualification suddenly makes it seem like it's against A-levels to you, especially since you probably finished your 6th form education and this shouldn't concern you unless you have some valuable information that would help these students about their not yet recieved grades?
(edited 3 years ago)

Always a chance but I think unlikely. Point is by the times schools were close many btecs were 75%+ complete. I think if anything BTEC students deserve to be upgraded for having done a more testing qualification as well as being given the bonus grades A level students have benefited from.
Original post by A-Yellow-Spring
999ger,

Why does having concern for a qualification suddenly makes it seem like it's against A-levels to you, especially since you probably finished your 6th form education and this shouldn't concern you unless you have some valuable information that would help these students about their not yet recieved grades? Who hurt you?

Care to explain what you are going on about?

Why does having concern for a qualification suddenly makes it seem like it's against A-levels to you [care to explain what this means? Doesnt make sense to me],
especially since you probably finished your 6th form education [ what does that have to do with anything? Am I not allowed to have an opinion?]
and this shouldn't concern you [who made you God about what I can and cannot be interested in?]
unless you have some valuable information that would help these students about their not yet recieved grades? [you make no sense ]
Who hurt you? [Bizarre]

If you want me to understand then you will need to make it intelligible.
(edited 3 years ago)
Always a chance but I think unlikely. Point is by the times schools were close many btecs were 75%+ complete. I think if anything BTEC students deserve to be upgraded for having done a more testing qualification as well as being given the bonus grades A level students have benefited from.

they'll receive the maximum of their CAG and calculated grade same as A-levels so they won't get downgraded
Care to explain what you are going on about?

Well not to be obvious but your first comment seems a little bit off in terms of the subject matter. Saying ''Interesting to see at the moment BTECS are regarded as the superior and more academically challenging qualification'' even though nobody claimed that on this thread, makes it seem like you are misinterpreting their concern as an insult. If you said the same thing about A-levels on a thread concerning A-levels wouldn't that sound rude?
Original post by _gcx
they'll receive the maximum of their CAG and calculated grade same as A-levels so they won't get downgraded

Yes but I am literal and accurate sort of chance spaceships and aliens. The grades will go up as it is a bit illogical to think otherwise.
Original post by A-Yellow-Spring
Well not to be obvious but your first comment seems a little bit off in terms of the subject matter. Saying ''Interesting to see at the moment BTECS are regarded as the superior and more academically challenging qualification'' even though nobody claimed that on this thread, makes it seem like you are misinterpreting their concern as an insult. If you said the same thing about A-levels on a thread concerning A-levels wouldn't that sound rude?

It is an ironic statement , which at the moment is true. Do you understand what it means and why it is ironic?

Did I say anyone claimed it on this thread? I was happy enough to make the statement myself.

How can I be misinterpreting anyones concern, when I have done no interpretation at all just made a statement?

''Interesting to see at the moment "A levels" are regarded as the superior and more academically challenging qualification'' No it doesnt sound rude.
Yes but I am literal and accurate sort of chance spaceships and aliens. The grades will go up as it is a bit illogical to think otherwise.

I don't follow lol, grades will definitely not go down.

Grades will go up overall but a decent number of individual grades will stay the same as they did with alevels and such.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending