The Student Room Group
Mock Trial
The University of Law
Visit website

uni of law BPC

Hiya!

Thought I’d start a thread for anyone who’s starting the university of law on our BPC course!

Feel free to ask questions and get to know each other :-)

Scroll to see replies

Thank you for starting this thread! Hi everyone! I’m starting at the Bloomsbury campus in September.
Mock Trial
The University of Law
Visit website
Original post by Sophiethompson99
Thank you for starting this thread! Hi everyone! I’m starting at the Bloomsbury campus in September.

Of course!! I went to Bloomsbury for my LLB! If you have any questions about the campus let me know!

Hopefully other students who are doing the BPC will see it :-)
Reply 3
Hi do you have an idea on the best accomodation for BPC students that will study at Bloomsbury campus
Reply 4
Which is the best accomodation for BPC students studying at the Bloomsbury campus
If you have your confirmation of acceptance email, there’s a site on it for accommodation, it’s something like lawstudentpad but I think you need the password
Original post by Nah12
Hi do you have an idea on the best accomodation for BPC students that will study at Bloomsbury campus

Hi! There are lots of options for accommodation.

Personally, I used spare room.com and rightmove to find accommodation each year as this was most affordable for me! I lived with other students each year.

There are halls you can use that are multi-uni. Lots of my friends used this option and used one called Bloomfield I’m Holloway area (it’s about a half hour bus ride to Bloomsbury campus)

There is also an option to rent a studio for yourself!
Reply 7
Original post by The University of Law Students
Hi! There are lots of options for accommodation.

Personally, I used spare room.com and rightmove to find accommodation each year as this was most affordable for me! I lived with other students each year.

There are halls you can use that are multi-uni. Lots of my friends used this option and used one called Bloomfield I’m Holloway area (it’s about a half hour bus ride to Bloomsbury campus)

There is also an option to rent a studio for yourself!

Thank you! I have booked with chapters !
Original post by Nah12
Thank you! I have booked with chapters !

Yay glad to have helped :-)
Hi, I am still looking for London nearby accommodation. Any Recommendation? I didn’t have access to studentpad yet since currently holding conditional offer
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I am still looking for London nearby accommodation. Any Recommendation? I didn’t have access to studentpad yet since currently holding conditional offer

Hey, I have a room that needs to be taken over, as I will not be able to go to London due to COVID. It's an en-suite room, £220 pw, here are the details https://www.sanctuary-students.com/student-accommodation/london/don-gratton-house
Let me know!
(edited 3 years ago)

Hi! If
(edited 3 years ago)

Unibuddy accom

In first year I used spare room.com to find a room and shared with random students (2 of them).

In second and third year I lived with students (second was students from a diff uni, third was a student from uni of law) and used rightmove.com for both!

Each year, I lived in different areas. First was Marylebone, a 35-40 min walk or half hour tube ride from uni. Second year was Westferry, around 45 mins on tube. Third year was Clapham Common, around 45 mins on tube again. It’s worth living slightly outside the campus area like I did in my opinion as it’s cheaper! This is the time it took to get to Bloomsbury campus... you may be studying at Moorgate if you’re on BPTC but the areas still aren’t far. In fact, Clapham is closer to Moorgate!

Friends of mine who went to uni of law lived in halls for the first 2 years. The halls were in Holloway area, 30 min bus ride or 20 min tube from uni in Bloomsbury. The halls were called Bloomfield and they lived with students from lots of different unis! In third year, 6 of them lived together in a house that they found on rightmove.

There’s also the option of renting a studio flat aka one person flat. It’s more expensive but good if you want your own space! You can find them on rightmove

Hope this helps!!
Reply 13
Hi does anyone know when we should be receiving our timetable? The staff aren’t really giving me a definite answer and I’m being told multiple things! I really need to organise my travel and stuff since I’ll be commuting.
Original post by qmfa2
Hi does anyone know when we should be receiving our timetable? The staff aren’t really giving me a definite answer and I’m being told multiple things! I really need to organise my travel and stuff since I’ll be commuting.

Hi, it should be sometime this week! Sorry about not getting a definite answer - they are trying to finalise everything due to the diff options available due to covid etc but yes hopefully this week!
Reply 15
Hi, it should be sometime this week! Sorry about not getting a definite answer - they are trying to finalise everything due to the diff options available due to covid etc but yes hopefully this week!

Thank you for responding! Do you think it’ll be today or next week? Also would we get an email letting us know it’s out?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by qmfa2
Thank you for responding! Do you think it’ll be today or next week? Also would we get an email letting us know it’s coming out?

No worries! I’m assuming it will he next week now, sorry for the delay! Let me check whether you’ll get an email (I’ll also try get a definite date) and I’ll reply once I’ve heard back!
Reply 17
No worries! I’m assuming it will he next week now, sorry for the delay! Let me check whether you’ll get an email (I’ll also try get a definite date) and I’ll reply once I’ve heard back!

Aw thank you so much!! I’ll really appreciate that! It’s the BPC that im doing x
I'm also starting the BPC in September, so I'm also curious about the timetable. Does anyone know how/when we get the books? I'd like to do some advance reading.
Reply 19
Original post by Benjamin2020
I'm also starting the BPC in September, so I'm also curious about the timetable. Does anyone know how/when we get the books? I'd like to do some advance reading.

No I don’t. Hopefully the person who replies me will be able to assist you, I’d also like to know too. I know that it’s not the usual way of us getting it which would be in person. I believe we need to order it and get it delivered to our address. The link to ordering doesn’t work yet. Did you receive a luggage tag?

Quick Reply

Latest