The Student Room Group

How toxic are your parents?

let's rant!!!!

Scroll to see replies

8/10. Yours?
Original post by Shenotalright
8/10. Yours?

I'd say 6/10 because people have it worse out there.
very.
Original post by Yourgirl00
I'd say 6/10 because people have it worse out there.

What is it that makes your parents toxic?
Reply 5
My (late) father was a sometime alcoholic and full-time narcissist, whose imprinting on me from ages three through six it has taken me a further twenty-five years' sustained introspection to even partially reverse.

Children in the developed world are at an all-time surplus; fix yourself first.
Original post by Profesh
My (late) father was a sometime alcoholic and full-time narcissist, whose imprinting on me from ages three through six it has taken me a further twenty-five years' sustained introspection to even partially reverse.

Children in the developed world are at an all-time surplus; fix yourself first.

Sorry to hear that, hope you're doing well now
& yes I agree, we should heal first so our children don't have to heal from having us as parents
Original post by Shenotalright
What is it that makes your parents toxic?

constant verbal abuse from even just breathing lool
what about you?
6.79/10
9/10
Ah, that's a complicated question.
10/10 mother
0/10 dad
My mum's a narcissist, overly perfectionist and expects us to be like her, emotionally manipulative but very cunning. Although she's not physically abusive anymore her emotionally manipulative side makes me want to kill myself sometimes. Here's something that happened recently. So I was sexually assaulted as a child and went to a lawyer about this with my mum. Everytime the lawyer asked me something, my mum would answer even though they're taking my statement and when asking me about how the assault has affected me my mum said that I'm fine and I don't care about it and instead she was talking about how upset she was after she found out and how she should be compensated, not me. The first time my mum even found out about the assault, instead of comforting me she became very angry at me and told me I deserved it. So sick of her and her BS.

Kinda would like to talk this out with someone, is there anyone I can PM on here?
I'd say Britney Spears, would be speechless, if she saw how toxic mine were...
She'd have to re-write her lyrics to compete.

Lame joke I know....
Original post by Anonymous
10/10 mother
0/10 dad
My mum's a narcissist, overly perfectionist and expects us to be like her, emotionally manipulative but very cunning. Although she's not physically abusive anymore her emotionally manipulative side makes me want to kill myself sometimes. Here's something that happened recently. So I was sexually assaulted as a child and went to a lawyer about this with my mum. Everytime the lawyer asked me something, my mum would answer even though they're taking my statement and when asking me about how the assault has affected me my mum said that I'm fine and I don't care about it and instead she was talking about how upset she was after she found out and how she should be compensated, not me. The first time my mum even found out about the assault, instead of comforting me she became very angry at me and told me I deserved it. So sick of her and her BS.

Kinda would like to talk this out with someone, is there anyone I can PM on here?

sorry to hear this :frown: feel free to pm me anytime x
sorry to hear this :frown: feel free to pm me anytime x

Ah I right realise I was on anon
Reply 15
not at all
10/10 mother
0/10 dad

I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. You don't deserve any of it.
& you can pm me if you want, can totally relate with having a toxic mother.
Original post by kekedoyouloveme?
I'd say Britney Spears, would be speechless, if she saw how toxic mine were...
She'd have to re-write her lyrics to compete.

Lame joke I know....

LMAO that was actually quite funny.
Hmmmmm if my parents were a drink they'd be unpasteurised milk c:
I don't really fit into my family, but I don't want to criticise them or call them toxic, everyone is different and what is normal to them is abnormal to me and vice versa

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending