The Student Room Group

HELP: Border Force Apprenticeship 2020 Application

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Jane01
Guys I was unsuccessful 😭😭😭I think my presentation was bad(it says 3). Can anyone who will go through tell me an example of presentation please for future try for me🙏Other tests says I did better than 46 and 47% than other people. So upset😭Did anyone got good news?

Sorry to hear that Jane 🙁 My overall score was a 5 and as with Abby my application on hold until they can invite me for an interview. I didn’t use the STAR method/past example for the personal statement, but instead how I would deal the situation. X
Reply 41
I've received a message saying 'required standard met but on hold as well.
Reply 42
Original post by Abbyxox
For the personal statement section, I used the star method & wrote about a past experience. The question was so vague though & I didn’t really know if that was the correct way to go ? This was my first border force app so I had no idea! I did come on here & see people wrote about what they would do in that situation so that could have been what they were looking for as well. Best of luck in future, hopefully after the current situation there will be lots of opportunities x

Thank you. I did wrote what I would do in that situation as well. As I work in the airport I have 13 years of experience with customers and queing(presentation was about people unhappy queuing). Maybe it was not enough for them.
Reply 43
I got an email also saying 'required standard met - application on hold' - did anyone get an interview date ?
Reply 44
Hey i got put on hold also
Did anyone login and look at their score? I got a 4 - acceptable demonstration- not sure what that means
Original post by Jane01
Guys I was unsuccessful 😭😭😭I think my presentation was bad(it says 3). Can anyone who will go through tell me an example of presentation please for future try for me🙏Other tests says I did better than 46 and 47% than other people. So upset😭Did anyone got good news?

Sorry to hear Jane. I went through the process using the STAR method. On my tests I got 53% and 73% and 5 on the application sift.

Hopefully they will be another intake in the next few months and you’ve got all the information to make sure you’re successful!! X
Original post by Kinger
I got an email also saying 'required standard met - application on hold' - did anyone get an interview date ?

I don’t think so Kinger. I got 5 and I’m also on hold!
Reply 47
I didn’t get an interview date, but I’ve applied before and they send this email as standard to the successful applicants and then you will receive your interview date at a later date. I also got a 5, 66% in one test and 82% in the other. Well done everyone, and if you weren’t successful just keep trying, do your research and you’ll get there😊.
Reply 48
Original post by Brenna123
Sorry to hear Jane. I went through the process using the STAR method. On my tests I got 53% and 73% and 5 on the application sift.

Hopefully they will be another intake in the next few months and you’ve got all the information to make sure you’re successful!! X

Thank you I will try again😁
I’m waiting too... got a 5 and 88% and 76% on my tests and put on hold. I talked it through with someone I know who does a lot of HR kind of work for a big company and she guesses that they may not want to offer anything until they know it’s safe to train people due to Covid 😁
Reply 50
Anybody else receive their invitation for remote interview?
Reply 51
Original post by LJM02

That’s good news that they’re coming through. Well done! & No not yet, where have you applied for if you don’t mind me asking? I think some locations can be quicker than others.
Reply 52
Original post by IWads
That’s good news that they’re coming through. Well done! & No not yet, where have you applied for if you don’t mind me asking? I think some locations can be quicker than others.

Hi! GLA/EDI so I’m surprised I’ve heard anything back so soon 🤔
Reply 53
Original post by LJM02

I have just received the email as well! I m wondering how prep for it...any info on the questions or topics? Anyone who has done it recently willing to shed light on it?
Reply 54
Original post by LJM02
Hi! GLA/EDI so I’m surprised I’ve heard anything back so soon 🤔

Yeah that’s has been so quick! That’s great though😃, good luck to you🤞🏻
Reply 55
Original post by IWads
Yeah that’s has been so quick! That’s great though😃, good luck to you🤞🏻

Thanks, I’m sure you’ll get your email soon! 🤞
Reply 56
Original post by Sakbf
I have just received the email as well! I m wondering how prep for it...any info on the questions or topics? Anyone who has done it recently willing to shed light on it?

Good stuff. To be honest I’d much rather be sitting in front of a real person. 😩
Reply 57
Original post by LJM02
Thanks, I’m sure you’ll get your email soon! 🤞

No problem, yes I hope so!😄
Reply 58
Original post by LJM02
Good stuff. To be honest I’d much rather be sitting in front of a real person. 😩

To try and help both of you, I’ve had an interview for BF before and it was also remote. Best advice I could give is to prepare some examples based on the behaviours given, relax, deep breaths, you don’t get marked down for taking your time to gather your thoughts! Try to make your behavioural answers last around 5 mins (it goes quicker than you think). Good luck👍🏻, you’ve done well to get this far.
Reply 59
Original post by IWads
To try and help both of you, I’ve had an interview for BF before and it was also remote. Best advice I could give is to prepare some examples based on the behaviours given, relax, deep breaths, you don’t get marked down for taking your time to gather your thoughts! Try to make your behavioural answers last around 5 mins (it goes quicker than you think). Good luck👍🏻, you’ve done well to get this far.

Thank you, that’s a really helpful insight. When did you last go through the interview? Where have you applied to be based?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending