The Student Room Group

Police Constable Degree Apprenticeship (PCDA) thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by erg97
is it a live interview with someone live on the other end or is it just you recording your answer and submitting?

It’s a pre recorded video from them and it records you answering the questions.
Reply 81
Original post by Harriettlloyd96
Yeah that’s right. Any other questions you can always ask :smile: thanks x

I still haven't heard if I have got to the next stage. What day did you get an email saying you had?
Reply 82
How long did it take everyone to hear back once you'd submitted your application form?
Hi!! I have applied with Thames Valley and I submitted my application about a month ago, I received an email last week saying that it's taking them longer than they thought to process the results. Has anyone heard back from their competency based interviews etc yet? Thanks :smile:
Hi guys, I’m a bit late to this thread but I applied to West Midlands a while ago and did my online tests. I received an email this morning saying that I had passed the tests and basically have an offer! However I still need to pass all the vetting/medical/physical and all that. But it sounds like good news. Has anyone else heard back yet?
Oooh congratulations and good luck with the vetting process!! I haven't heard back yet but fingers crossed its soon 🤞
Original post by emily0803
Hi guys, I’m a bit late to this thread but I applied to West Midlands a while ago and did my online tests. I received an email this morning saying that I had passed the tests and basically have an offer! However I still need to pass all the vetting/medical/physical and all that. But it sounds like good news. Has anyone else heard back yet?

Its not an offer as you would still need to pass ALL stages of the recruitment process.
Fitness especially as due to the situation with COVID-19 and not all candidates have not been maintaining their fitness.
Original post by MonsoonFlower
Its not an offer as you would still need to pass ALL stages of the recruitment process.
Fitness especially as due to the situation with COVID-19 and not all candidates have not been maintaining their fitness.

Yes I’m aware of that, that’s why I said I still need to pass all of the various background checks i.e. physical/medical/vetting. However, I’m pretty confident that I will pass these as there is no reason for why I should not.
Original post by emily0803
Yes I’m aware of that, that’s why I said I still need to pass all of the various background checks i.e. physical/medical/vetting. However, I’m pretty confident that I will pass these as there is no reason for why I should not.

Vetting and fitness are the main 2 stages that most candidates fail on. Especially the fitness and even during your probation, you may be called out to be tested on it again.
Reply 89
How many forces can you apply to at once?
Original post by Prinsy
How many forces can you apply to at once?

As many as you would like - but you must choose one, once you have passed your SEARCH assessment.
Hiya, I have done my online assessments (CBI, written and briefing exercise) and waiting two weeks so far for feedback/results. Not sure how much longer I will need to wait but is there still another interview after this stage or does the conditional offer/rejection come after these? Thanks!
Original post by alex150796
Hiya, I have done my online assessments (CBI, written and briefing exercise) and waiting two weeks so far for feedback/results. Not sure how much longer I will need to wait but is there still another interview after this stage or does the conditional offer/rejection come after these? Thanks!

The turnaround for SEARCH results and feedback is usually a month after you have sat your test.
Hi. I'm planning to apply for PCDA. Is it really hard to pass the exams? I'm thinking about applying and I am not sure if I should decline my place at university. Could you tell me what kind of questions you were given and how was the recruitment process for you?
Original post by Nataliaa212
Hi. I'm planning to apply for PCDA. Is it really hard to pass the exams? I'm thinking about applying and I am not sure if I should decline my place at university. Could you tell me what kind of questions you were given and how was the recruitment process for you?

same! im y13 atm. can you please let me know if someone gets back to you?
Original post by Nataliaa212

hey! Literally in the same position as u. I applied to both unis and PCDA. I did it with the met. I didn't decline my place at uni. My careers teachers said to start uni and if u get in then u can leave uni and start PCDA, that way you'll have ur foot in both doors and if (touchwood this doesnt happen) if u dont get in, u'll have ur uni place. I applied with the met, but they've decided not to take any candidates until after Jan 2021, even thats not confirmed. So im off to uni for now. But good luck 🤞
Original post by pineapple_123
hey! Literally in the same position as u. I applied to both unis and PCDA. I did it with the met. I didn't decline my place at uni. My careers teachers said to start uni and if u get in then u can leave uni and start PCDA, that way you'll have ur foot in both doors and if (touchwood this doesnt happen) if u dont get in, u'll have ur uni place. I applied with the met, but they've decided not to take any candidates until after Jan 2021, even thats not confirmed. So im off to uni for now. But good luck 🤞

hi! can i ask you some questions on pcda. im y13 rn and im thinking of applying!
Could anyone send me some more information about the emails and information you are provided with before the online assessment?
Original post by ucasguy17
hi! can i ask you some questions on pcda. im y13 rn and im thinking of applying!

sure x
Hi, I'm looking to apply for a PCDA in Nottinghamshire next year when recruitment is open again. Could anyone tell me if they are still using the old core competencies or the new ones that are on the college of policing website? Also is the online assessment exactly what it says on the college of policing, or does each force have their own way of assessing? Is there no verbal and numerical reasoning tests anymore? Many thanks 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending