The Student Room Group

Laptop or iPad

I’m studying biochem and human bio at uni and I was wondering whether I should buy a laptop or not, I already have an iPad so I was planning on using that and buying a keyboard to go along with it, will that be okay it will I need software for my course or something?? Thank youuu
Laptops are VERY useful but if you have come this far with just your ipad then its still good! Do you have a PC?
I mean buying a laptop is a good investment...they’re meant for things like making PowerPoint presentations and word documents. They’re more powerful machines than a tablet. And they’re actually meant for the purpose you need them for (such as PowerPoint, word, using the internet, etc). But obviously you have to look at your own pocket first. It’s not a need, it’s a want and if you’re fine without one and have all the facilities and stuff you need on your iPad then you’re alright. In regards to software, not quite sure about that. Again a laptop is meant for things like that (opening numerous software and applications) whereas an iPad is not ygm.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Laptops are VERY useful but if you have come this far with just your ipad then its still good! Do you have a PC?

I don’t know what a PC is sorry
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I mean buying a laptop is a good investment...they’re meant for things like making PowerPoint presentations and word documents. They’re more powerful machines than a tablet. And they’re actually meant for the purpose you need them for (such as PowerPoint, word, using the internet, etc). But obviously you have to look at your own pocket first. It’s not a need, it’s a want and if you’re fine without one and have all the facilities and stuff you need on your iPad then you’re alright. In regards to software, not quite sure about that. Again a laptop is meant for things like that (opening numerous software and applications) whereas an iPad is not ygm.

But is it okay making powerpoints on iPad ect and using it for making notes and printing them off??
Original post by Lau2en _
I don’t know what a PC is sorry

personal computer

which uni are you at if you dont mind me asking?
Original post by Lau2en _
But is it okay making powerpoints on iPad ect and using it for making notes and printing them off??

yh, using it to make notes with the pen and printing them off is a great way to utilise your iPad - lots of uni kids do that. But the trouble is with relying fully on the iPad is that it may not be able to run software that you may need to use for your course. 👍🏼
Reply 7
Original post by omreet
yh, using it to make notes with the pen and printing them off is a great way to utilise your iPad - lots of uni kids do that. But the trouble is with relying fully on the iPad is that it may not be able to run software that you may need to use for your course. 👍🏼

Thank you!!! I’ve had a look and there’s no software needed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending